Polk RM6750 "V"-shape sound problem
May 8, 2011 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

domino584

100+ Head-Fier
For my PC speakers I'm using a RM6750 and experiencing this "V"-shape sound playback in the frequency range.  My bass is very heavy and boomy, the mids are weak or drown out, and the highs are actually excellent.

I went to the polk forums and see what they thought.  So I'm going to try some of their suggestions:

Crossover 200Hz
Stands/Fabric to eliminate reflection off the desk.

I've also turned them upside down seeing if that would help.  It sort of did.

Was wondering what you guys think?  Which audio settings should I use in windows?

May 10, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #2 of 5
Perhaps it's more of an issue concerning the acoustics of your room.
You will need an equalizer with whatever media player you are using, then tune the sound to your tastes.

May 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 5
Hehe, it definitely probably is.  I'm set up on a glass desk that is in the middle of another sound system, exercising equipment, a train set that my brother is trying to put together.

I'm a total newb when it comes to audio but I'm definitely into it.  What sort of things can I do for placement other then moving to a different room?  When I move out I'm bringing the system with me (heading out to a proper university next year), where it is still going to be cramped but not much "going on". 

Do you know any tutorials that I could check out that you would recommend for speaker placement?

Cheers on the reply.  :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back