Polk Audio R15 40 bucks any good?
Jan 10, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo_
http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=op...06&sku=3292811

at outpost they are 40 bucks. are they any good?

they seem to be goin for like 80 bucks or highe ron froogle

That thing probably has a very remote chance of sounding good. I've had my experience with these kind of speakers and it hasn't been a good one. I suggest going to Fry's to hear them in person.

Jan 10, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 5
i read some reviews online from aobut 10 places and they alll get at least 4+/5 but im not sure how credible those reviews are as it is hard to find a place that is credible for audio reviews. btw im not expecting it compete wiht 500 dollar speakers i mean compared to the athena bs1 and the others in the 100 dollar price range

Jan 13, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 5
I've got 2 pairs of R-15's. One pair as the rear surrounds on my HT, and another pair in a small bedroom powered by a vintage Marantz. They're actually very good speakers (especially for the price), but you will want a subwoofer to really appreciate them. I use an older Polk sub and together they sound pretty good (doesn't compare to my Sunfire/Energy setup, but that's apples to oranges). Total cost for system...$70 for Marantz, $52 for R-15's (tax and shipping) and $40 Sub off of Ebay = $152. Not too shabby for a nice little setup. It's hard to go wrong for that price. I'm thinking about picking up another pair just to have around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back