Polk Audio Nue Era?
Nov 30, 2013 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

graniteX

New Head-Fier
Has anyone tried Polk Audio Nue Era IEMs? I searched the forums and could not find any reviews or threads about it, so I thought I'd ask. If you've tried them, how do you think they compare to other IEMs in the same price range? (around $100-ish or under)

Thanks!

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 10
I picked up a pair on a whim, this weekend. The cable is a bit thin and tangly. They are pretty flat in ear which means they won't suffer from wind noise. I actually bought them for listening in bed so I can roll onto my side which I think they will be good for but haven't tried yet.

Sound wise they remind me a lot of micro drivers in the Monster Trumpet, several JVC's, some AT's, etc. So they have good bass and decent treble with a bit neutral midrange. The Trumpet is the most midrangecentric mmicro driver I have heard while these right now are more like the JVC FX80 in signature. I like the 3 button control, unfortunately it is apple centric so the volume controls do not work on my LG G2 but I really like how easy it is to find the middle button.

I want to let them burn in for a couple days to see if they open up a bit sound wise.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 10

I picked up a pair on a whim, this weekend. The cable is a bit thin and tangly. They are pretty flat in ear which means they won't suffer from wind noise. I actually bought them for listening in bed so I can roll onto my side which I think they will be good for but haven't tried yet.

Sound wise they remind me a lot of micro drivers in the Monster Trumpet, several JVC's, some AT's, etc. So they have good bass and decent treble with a bit neutral midrange. The Trumpet is the most midrangecentric mmicro driver I have heard while these right now are more like the JVC FX80 in signature. I like the 3 button control, unfortunately it is apple centric so the volume controls do not work on my LG G2 but I really like how easy it is to find the middle button.

I want to let them burn in for a couple days to see if they open up a bit sound wise.

thanks! would you recommend any other ~$100 IEMs over them, such as the SE215 or phonak PFE 012 over them?

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #6 of 10
They are more balanced than the 215 and have better treble but not as lush a midrange. Compared to the PFE012 the PFE is brighter and more detailed but not as good in the bass. Personally I found the PFE fatiguing.

If these have a micro driver like I think they will need a day or two of aggressive burning to start to sound at their full potential so I suggest you wait and let me see if these change much.

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #7 of 10
They are more balanced than the 215 and have better treble but not as lush a midrange. Compared to the PFE012 the PFE is brighter and more detailed but not as good in the bass. Personally I found the PFE fatiguing.

If these have a micro driver like I think they will need a day or two of aggressive burning to start to sound at their full potential so I suggest you wait and let me see if these change much.

gotcha. thanks so much--i hope they turn out good!

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #8 of 10
Had a quick listen tonight and these are improving more than I thought they would. I have also done some tip rolling and the work better with Sony hybrids or my ue900 tips. So be prepared to possible use different tips than what they come with.

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #9 of 10
Had a quick listen tonight and these are improving more than I thought they would. I have also done some tip rolling and the work better with Sony hybrids or my ue900 tips. So be prepared to possible use different tips than what they come with.

awesome! and thanks for the suggestion on tips! if you find them sounding *even better* in the near future, would really appreciate it if you let me know! 

(didn't pull the trigger on any black fri/cyber mon deals, so I'm still debating between ~$100 IEMs: polk nue era, SE215, X10s (if they ever drop below $100))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back