Poker and Headphone Sightings
May 31, 2005 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

lightningfast35

Head-Fier
I am a poker fan and player. I watch it on TV as much as possible as a learning tool. I've noticed that the players on TV like to listen to music. I've also noticed their headphone choices, some good some not so much
600smile.gif

What I've Seen Worn (and by Who):

Abdulaziz Abdulaziz (Yes he has the same first and last name
eek.gif
): Koss PortaPro 2
280smile.gif

Brandon Schefer: Bose QuietComfort 2
Daniel Negreanu: Bose Triports
Gus Hansen and many no-namers: Sony stock earbuds/clips
mad.gif

No-namers: iPod earbuds

If there are any other poker fans in the Head-Fi community I'd like to hear of other headphone sightings
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 12
I only remember two:

Phil Helmuth - stock Apple iPod buds
Annie Duke - stock Apple iPod buds

icon10.gif

BTW, poker on tv is getting way out of hand. It was cool when it would only come on once in a while, now it's just boring.

May 31, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 12
i saw josh arieh wearing quietcomforts last night. i dont understand how you can have a room full of people who make hundreds of thousands of dollars and have them ALL be wearing ****** headphones. and i wouldnt recommend watching poker as a learning tool, ive been playing professionally for 2 years now and final table tournament poker is probably the most specialized, you would never play like that any other time situation. The world series starts this week though, im definitly dissapointed im not there.

rj

May 31, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

i dont understand how you can have a room full of people who make hundreds of thousands of dollars and have them ALL be wearing ****** headphones.

Well put
rolleyes.gif
. I can understand the need for the isolation of the QuietComforts and Triports at a poker table, but just break out some canalphones, or 280s, or 25-1 or... and so on, so forth.

A pro poker player
eek.gif
600smile.gif
. Have you ever been on TV? And what phones do you wear (if any) when you play poker
icon10.gif
?

May 31, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lightningfast35
Well put
rolleyes.gif
. I can understand the need for the isolation of the QuietComforts and Triports at a poker table, but just break out some canalphones, or 280s, or 25-1 or... and so on, so forth.

A pro poker player
eek.gif
600smile.gif
. Have you ever been on TV? And what phones do you wear (if any) when you play poker
icon10.gif
?

ive never been on television since i rarely play tournaments. i never wear headphones while playing unless im playing on my computer cause i like to keep it fun and social, and wearing headphones isnt very conducive to fun and social. however, if i was going to i would actually bring my full 580 system, since it sounds so damn good and i wouldnt really be that worried if the rest of them care. Hopefully you'll see me on espn in november because i won round 1 of a wsop qualifier this afternoon. good luck.

rj

May 31, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PITTM
ive never been on television since i rarely play tournaments. i never wear headphones while playing unless im playing on my computer cause i like to keep it fun and social, and wearing headphones isnt very conducive to fun and social. however, if i was going to i would actually bring my full 580 system, since it sounds so damn good and i wouldnt really be that worried if the rest of them care. Hopefully you'll see me on espn in november because i won round 1 of a wsop qualifier this afternoon. good luck.

rj

Contratulations and good Luck rj!!

BTW... the electric avenue PA2 you sold me SOUNDS INCREDIBLE with my MS2. thanks!! Listening to Metallica as I type this.
biggrin.gif

We want to see you in full blown head-fi on ESPN when you make it... Keep us posted please
icon10.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #11 of 12
oh trust me, id be sporting my new 650s if i got to a final table, im sure being guaranteed at least 100k would make me look all over vegas for a pair
smily_headphones1.gif
. glad youre loving the amp, just dont get upgraditis like me. maybe ill see you at the sj meet in august.

rj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back