Poisoning the Next Generation
Mar 13, 2010 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Bilavideo

Caution: Incomplete trades.
I'm a classroom teacher. As a reward for good behavior during our state testing, I let a group of students listen to a modded SR60. Without an exception, they all raved about the sound and wanted to know where they could get similar headphones. Some made comments that suggested they could not go back to the hanging hook crap. I may have ruined that ride for those who want more out of a pair of headphones than thump-thump-thump.

Who have you poisoned lately?

Mar 13, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #2 of 25
I poisoned myself at the age of 16, if that counts...
biggrin.gif

Nobody that I knew ever really cared about their sound quality, except my dad. But he wasn't as into it as I currently am. For him, $60 headphones are amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a classroom teacher. As a reward for good behavior during our state testing, I let a group of students listen to a modded SR60. Without an exception, they all raved about the sound and wanted to know where they could get similar headphones. Some made comments that suggested they could not go back to the hanging hook crap. I may have ruined that ride for those who want more out of a pair of headphones than thump-thump-thump.

Who have you poisoned lately?

You're an awesome teacher! I wish teachers at my school liked audio.

Anyway, yes, I have poisoned my friends and family. In fact, all my friends have at least a small degree of audio interest. One friend has the AD700, CKS75, and the HD212, one has the Klipsch S4i, one has V-Moda Vibes, and one has the DT770. Even my dad has the ANC7 and the PK2 I bought him for flights/the gym. Most people at school enjoy listening to my rig. You should come be my teacher!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: What grade/subject do you teach?

Mar 13, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 25
I'm currently poisoning my family and friends
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 25
Headphones don't exactly come up in regular conversation. I make no mention of it either unless I am specifically asked, which I've been not. In fact, music doesn't really pop up in regular conversations. These things I have only discussed in a few internet forums including this one.

Oh wait, I have poisoned my younger sister, her favorites are my SR325is.
dt880smile.png
tongue_smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #9 of 25
e-mu 0202 usb and i will bring various more efficient all rounders, but even so, they never heard anything more than some sony mdr vx00 (never the 700, unless it says bose the budget tends to stick to about 50 bucks for most, but I have usually countered that with a listen to a set of porta-pros. Those little guys do certainly make a bose man think.)

About bose, many think that it is status, generally the older and more seasoned, and from an iphone. Everyone i know has an iphone, so it is white buds or something like bose, so my box teathered to the computer seems silly and antiquited.
darthsmile.gif

I got one person I know to grab a set of Aurvana Lives. I am oft thanked, but that is my one and only success.

My wife listens to... i forget, but the issue here and elsewhere, if they are going to use a computer, it then becomes hard to explain why the soundmax integrated sound card just isn't going to cut it. I bought two 0202s, and actually am thinking of lending the extra that I no longer use much at home so the difference can be experienced in just a moderately priced sound device. I can sometimes get interest on the phones, but then the "too complicated" on the how to use them at their best part.

Mar 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #13 of 25
I try my best to poison my friends.
Several of them are hooked on the sound, but none have so far put any money into it. So it continues..
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I try my best to poison my friends.
Several of them are hooked on the sound, but none have so far put any money into it. So it continues..
wink.gif

That's true! Some ppl admit the sound from our cans are the best they've ever heard. But then they still go to BestBuy and grab a Skull Candy and call it a day. I don't get it.

Mar 13, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarinetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're an awesome teacher! I wish teachers at my school liked audio.

Anyway, yes, I have poisoned my friends and family. In fact, all my friends have at least a small degree of audio interest. One friend has the AD700, CKS75, and the HD212, one has the Klipsch S4i, one has V-Moda Vibes, and one has the DT770. Even my dad has the ANC7 and the PK2 I bought him for flights/the gym. Most people at school enjoy listening to my rig. You should come be my teac
her!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: What grade/subject do you teach?

I teach Social Studies in middle school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back