Pointless vandalism in the leafy suburbs
May 27, 2007 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

hciman77

Headphoneus Supremus
Yesterday I came home from walking the dog to find I had a flat tire. It turns out that person or persons unknown had gone through my neighbourhood and slashed the Tires on 31 cars. Well, the news folks called it slashed but in fact on mine it was a tiny hole, such as you might get from an upholstery needle or somesuch but still unrepairable.

I was lucky, I only had one done but there was a Civic up the road from me that had all 4 slashed and a Brand New Passat that had three done over. When I went to the Tire place there was a queue of disgruntled residents, some having to shell out $200 or $300 . Really annoying. Still if that is the worst thing that happens round my way I guess we are doing okay.

May 27, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 34
I bet it was the employees of that tire place; they must be bored with almost no frequent customers.
evil_smiley.gif

But seriously, that really sucks. The tire place should at least given you guys a discount, considering the circumstances.

May 27, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet it was the employees of that tire place; they must be bored with almost no frequent customers.
evil_smiley.gif

Ha !, that is just what the missus said, and they were very fast at the tire place ....... almost as if they were expecting us
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yesterday I came home from walking the dog to find I had a flat tire. It turns out that person or persons unknown had gone through my neighbourhood and slashed the Tires on 31 cars.

That's unfortunate. What neighborhood do you live in?

May 27, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's unfortunate. What neighborhood do you live in?

Ardmore, though the 6ABC news item refers to it as Haverford township. Amazing that it made the news really, quiet day I suppose.

May 27, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 34
I'm not an experienced juvenile delinquent; wouldn't slashing the tires cause a loud air explosion?
confused.gif

May 27, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

I'm not an experienced juvenile delinquent; wouldn't slashing the tires cause a loud air explosion?
confused.gif

You don't watch enough movies.
wink.gif

May 27, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

confused.gif

Well, on mine there was a small hole in the wall, my guess is something like an upholstery needle, i.e long thin sharp and with a handle, the air would go down slowly and with just a slight hiss. When I tried pumping mine up , before I realised it had been slashed I thought it had gone flat , it did pump up but went down again and I could just hear the air escaping.

May 27, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #10 of 34
Slashing sidewalls always been hard for me, I like to use the valve release thingy..stick in the tires valve stem and pop goes the air..easy and fast.

HCI sorry that happened to you and your hood but on the positive side at least it brought your neighborhood closer...
biggrin.gif

(of course my experience in tire slashing only was in the movies..not in life..)

May 27, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slashing sidewalls always been hard for me, I like to use the valve release thingy..stick in the tires valve stem and pop goes the air..easy and fast.

HCI sorry that happened to you and your hood but on the positive side at least it brought your neighborhood closer...
biggrin.gif

(of course my experience in tire slashing only was in the movies..not in life..)

Well, I was much luckier than some, actually it seemed like most folks were taking it pretty well overall. Annoyed rather than forming Lynch mobs
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back