Podcast Question
Jul 17, 2006 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DennyL

100+ Head-Fier
I am wondering how the different MP3 players cope with the situation where one is interrupted in the middle of, say, a downloaded radio program. How easy is it to resume after the interruption? I download 90-minute radio programs into my MP3 player, but it offers no easy way to find one's place after an interruption. Which makes do this best?

I can play podcasts on my PDA, and the software (Pocket Tunes) at least has a 'slider' that one can drag to a midpoint in an item, but it still requires quite a bit of guestimating and trial and error to find where one left off.

Is anyone up to speed with dealing with this?

When I'm interrupted watching a DVD my DVD player offers to resume from where I left off when I next switch it on. That is ideal.

Jan 24, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #2 of 2
I know it's old, but it's getting bumped because I have a couple thoughts here.

The iPod's my only real option here as it seamlessly works w/ audio and video podcasts. I replaced an excellent sounding Sony for the latest Nano and this had a large impact on that decision.

Sony 616 - This player would resume video, but not audio. So instead of coming back @ 45:16, it puts me @ 0:00 and I'm forced to monkey around guessing the last spot. Also, when using Winamp to manage the podcasts, names were screwed up beyond recognition.

Perhaps there's another piece of software for managing podcasts on non iPod players?

Also, what other players do you guys use with podcasts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back