Pod Touch 2G vs Cowon D2 vs Samsung P2 vs Trekstor Vibez
Nov 27, 2008 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ben7337

100+ Head-Fier
Looking purely at the sound quality of the players which one would you personally choose? do any of them to you lack in general sound quality? or are they all great players and just have different sound signatures?

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 14
Lucky me I found this thread so I didn't have to post a new one. I wonder the exact same thing, well actually only between Touch 2G and Cowon D2. I also wonder about battery life time and output power between the two.

Thank you!

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 14
probably very few have spent any great time with all 4 products making this poll yet again pointless. i cannot comment as i have also not spent time with all four. i owned the d2 and the touch 2g and liked them both but preferred the touch 2g by far for sound and for sound quality

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 14
I only tried the P2 and touch, so i'm not voting. Comparing those two models though the P2 had a slightly warmer sound compared to the touch, but both had excellent SQ. The kicker for me was that the P2's screen is very hard to see in direct sunlight, rendering it pretty much impossible to use during the day.

Feb 14, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 14
the touch is a nice toy...

the d2 has the best battery and IMHO it the better sounding dap.

I have not heard the trekstor.

Feb 14, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
probably very few have spent any great time with all 4 products making this poll yet again pointless. i cannot comment as i have also not spent time with all four. i owned the d2 and the touch 2g and liked them both but preferred the touch 2g by far for sound and for sound quality

I've read quite many of your posts and you seem to know quite much about PMPs. Do you know what DAC the iTouch 2G has - Wolfson, Cirrus Logic or maybe even something else?

Feb 14, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #9 of 14
I've listened to the touch and d2, not with the same earphones though. So far I prefer the sound of the touch 2g, it sounds more clear to me, for bass d2 is the way to go with it's BBE settings.

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only tried the P2 and touch, so i'm not voting. Comparing those two models though the P2 had a slightly warmer sound compared to the touch, but both had excellent SQ. The kicker for me was that the P2's screen is very hard to see in direct sunlight, rendering it pretty much impossible to use during the day.

But i think the screen on the P2 looks better! I see the P3 is coming out and i'm expecting more improvement.

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #13 of 14
Benefit of iPod Touch; You can add software for added functionality. That is, you can find hacks that allow the iPod to play other file types. Where? I'm not entirely sure, but I know they're out there. If they can crack an iPod, then can definitely add functionality.

Besides, the thing is sexy and the games are fun. What's not to love?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back