PocketDock SiK love child - can it be done?
Nov 6, 2005 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a PocketDock but its a bit bigger and clunkier than I'd like. However having shelled out for a cable I'm loathe to shell out again for the SiK din.

What I would really like would be a modded version of the sik that has the cables removed and has a line out socket [i.e. the love child of a PocketDock, SiK din and plenty of Barry White]. I don't need the fire wire socket, because I am happy to use the PocketDock to connect to my PC.

Is this an unachievable dream? I very much am not the kind of person to open anything up and go at it with a soldering iron. But if someone more inclined could produce something like I described I would like to buy it, and from what I have read so would quite a few others.

Nov 6, 2005 at 6:03 AM Post #2 of 26
like this?
DockCardas1.jpg

try moon audio go to Headphone and Portable Cables then go about 3/4 down the page, you'll find a whole bunch like it

Nov 6, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 26
also check out the DIY options. TURBO made a kick butt one, PM him - he put an apple dock connector into a slim plastic case with locks like the sik din has, but just one line out direct to the cable mini to mini of your choice - nothing in the signal but pure music!

Nov 6, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 26
I completely forgot about TURBO, his stuff is Very cool

look in the "post pics of your cables" thread in the DIY forum, he's posted a lot of work of his in there

as an additional benifit it will be much cheaper than buying from moon audio

Nov 6, 2005 at 12:35 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodiesOfLight
I can't find the pictures of TURBO's cables, but I'm really interested in them.

Go to "DIY Cable Gallery!" thread/sticky in the "DIY Discussion" forum. They should be in the last 5 pages or so at this point.

Nov 6, 2005 at 1:19 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Check out post 1101 and 1130 in the thread Salt Peanuts noted above. I just sent Turbo a pm to see if he would build and sell one to me.

Nov 6, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

I'm just curious, are you still trying to fit a Pocketdock-style IC into that Vaja case hole? If so, I believe the dock/cable pictured earlier in the thread is a modified Pocketdock, so it still will not fit, though. I for one would also like to see a miniature Pocketdock as well.

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
Here you go

combo2.jpg

that picture needs a bit of white balance adjustment, no?

looks like turbo's going to be busy. he also makes mini->mini cables.

Nov 7, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000
I wrote to Turbo too. No response yet, I suspect he may be getting a few of these requests!

i think turbo only checks his PMs once/twice a day and then doesn't check it when he gets home...he'll respond, though.

Nov 7, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #15 of 26
Yeah, he does them on a strictly DIY for fun basis so you shouldn't expect the number leaving his place to go over 1-2 a month or something? Something like that. I got mine used from someone who got one from TURBO and it was totally worth it - I see no downside to this thing and I'll happily put it up against any other iPod line out at the NYC meet this saturday!

Edit - here's a pic of the TURBODock II!
con2_7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back