pocket amp with remote/auxiliary knob/switch?
Jul 27, 2005 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Nick B

Head-Fier
Greetings Learned Forum:

My last thread kind of mutated into this issue, so I took the liberty of breaking it out into its own thread. My primary use for my portable set-up (iAudio G3, Westone UM2) is while riding my motorcycle. Lately I have been exploring options for a quality amp to add to the mix. A forum member suggested an amp called the amplirider, which is kind of ingenious: http://www.electric-avenues.com/amplirider.html. I would hate to base my choice of quality amplification solely upon the convenience of an easily accessible volume knob, but damn it's a great idea!

One big problem of riding with tunes is that in order to turn it down or off when you need to, it is a cumbersome process of taking off gloves, unzipping jackets, fishing through pockets, etc.

Does the forum have any other ideas along these lines? Has anyone heard of modifying a portable amp (or mp3 player) so that it has a remote volume/kill knob, or is the amplirider the only game in town? My cheapie Rat Shack headphones have a volume slider built into the cord, but my Westone UM2s (just arrived!) do not. I would be great to be able to kill the sound quickly, and with gloves on.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Nick B

Jul 27, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 2
you can get an accessory in-line volume control between cans & amp. one is included with the senn px100. i never used it & can't find it or i would mail it to you. i probably tossed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back