PMX200 Review
Jan 20, 2006 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

eddycha

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys

So after trying to decide what headphone would suit me best, i went for the PMX200. Mainly for the reaso that for the money, it had everything i wanted! Here is a short review of what i have found so far

Looks: Ok so im not too tech savvy so i can't upload a picture but if you do a quick websearch, you'll find these babies look very nice. They are small, behind the neck headphones and the plastic is a very nice shade of blue.

Comfort: This is very important if your going to be wearing for hours on end. With these headphones, its all about finding the right position for you. The clips that go over the ear for support can be a little irritating if you have the headphones in the wrong position, but once you find whats right for you, then you will barely notice you have them on. Very very comfortable with the leather pads and they even keep your ears warm from the cold
smily_headphones1.gif

Sound: All importantly, they sound good
smily_headphones1.gif
Ok so im not an audiophile as such, but i know what sounds good. I went from using the stock ipod earbuds to this and the increase in audio quality is hugely noticable. The bass is good on these things. Very good. Not too hard, warm id say is the best word. With good highs and middles which arent too harsh. You wont get ear fatigue quickly with these things. However, the best sound is all about finding the righ position again. Thankfully, the audio quality and comfort position is linked so once you got comfort, you got good sound. If the pads aren't quite right, you lose some of the bass. (as a reference, these have only been used for 3-4 hours so far so have not been fully burned in. Previous reviews have stated that the bass becomes more extended as you burn them in which will only make these things sound better)

Isolation: The reason you buy closed cans. I gotta say, brilliant. Firstly, they block out a lot of external noise. I used these on a very noisy bus already and i couldnt hear the annoying beep of the indicator or the rattling of the windows, which was a bonus. And sound leakage is very very minimal. My friend said he could barely hear anything when i had them playing loud rock 30cm from his head.

Cost: If you look around, you can get them like i did for £28.99 inc delivery. This was from a website called www.electricals-online.co.uk and delivery took just 3 days so id recommend. RRP is £39.99

Other than that, not much else. Id say they are very good cans for someone who wants a portable, durable, great sounding closed system who doesnt want to spend a fortune.

Good buy!!!!!
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi there,

I had those about for a month and i had it, sorry. Did buy them in UK online store to GBP 36,95 shipt
First thing that irritates me is comfort, simply no one. They are to tight on your ears and not made for a long listening session.
Second thing is they are close back, but don't give you isolation that much.
Another issue was BASS, sorry but this is like waiting for one and not getting.
And the last is that they were not that easy to drive from my iAudio5 player, however they are 32 Ohm but my volume level has to go much higher then need it, one word they are energy wampires.
The good thing is that they have a very clear and detaild sound, but that's the only one. The MIDD's are there to.
I am using AKG K26P now and they are one of the best portables up there and much cheaper, double less BUT DOUBLE BETTER. Bought them in Germany for only EUR 39 shipt.
Well, that's my review
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back