PMX 95 Help and advice needed
Mar 23, 2016 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DelightFool

New Head-Fier
To make a long story short..
My favorite portable set get chewed up by a dog... :frowning2:
Drivers are in perfect working order still!!! The cups where never damaged!
Contacted Sennheiser support team via e-mail for new parts/advice.. Was told to come here by support team as the headset is no longer offered...
I am looking for a few items and some advice on details I loosely know about, or cant find any information on the subject given my specific headset..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Itemized list of what i am looking for/advice needed:
1 - Neckband!   I would prefer some thing that would "clamp" on to my ears more..
2 - Re-cabling everything! Does anyone have a proper wire diagram for these?
3 - I was looking at Mogami W2893 Miniature Quad Microphone Cable for re-cabling. is this a bit overkill? Would something thinner provide better performance? Or is there a better copper solution? I am looking for a bit of flex with performance! ie: a lot of moving and cramming into my pouch/pocket. No sharp bends of course!
4 - TRRS Termination! where could I find some quality following copper wire? I'm looking to convert this into a "headset". With a microphone, as I could use it on my phone to then.
5 - Wire sheathing/protection? I was looking at some Kevlar shoelaces. Would this be sufficient? I am quite rough with portables. Would this also make the cord not make any noise when rubbed or bumped? (microphonics?)
6 - These are open style headphones, is there anything I can do to get more performance out of them? ie: close the outside?? would this make a loss in quality?
7 - ear pads!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details about what is hooked up/how I used this below this line:
Ipod - via headphone jack.
moderate portable headphone amp from radio shack. (never maxed) Just seemed to liven everything up quite a bit than running off the Ipod itself
Headphones...
hours upon hours running until batteries deplete when I am out and about
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any help on getting these running again would be greatly appreciated. I also welcome all forms of critique and advice!

Thank you for your time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back