PMX-80 re-cable and issues
Jun 10, 2010 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MoJoWales

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a pair of PMX-80's that have the right speaker dead after cutting out for awhile.  The speaker sounded just fine when working which makes me think that it is a cable connection issue.  These are pretty new phones and sounded like the real deal, I bought them through a private vendor/seller off Amazon.  Anyway, if it is economical to re-cable and end up with a more rugged, better sounding set then I will and I am looking for advice on others experience, cable used, guides, other mods to these phones...  I am outside of the three month warranty window from the seller and the cost of just buying a new set of phones is not an issue.  If I can build a more rugged headset with better sound for less money than I can buy is what I am after but is this a good set to do this with?  I can solder and fabricate as needed.  These are used with a Sansa Clip + and are mostly for working out and bike riding. 

Thanks,

MoJoWales

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 4
If there really is a sound benefit from recabling (I leave that up to you) it's not worth it imo for your pair of phones. I would simply open up the phones and solder the wire(s) of the existing cable.

Jun 12, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 4
It's all about the cost/improvement, so if you could get some cheap cables and you already own the stuff like a soldering iron etc it would be a good idea, but when you start talking about pure silver wires and 20 dollar jacks etc, thats when it gets crazy. But a 10 dollar recable job does make improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back