PMDRecorder vs Deck Recorder. Any difference in sound quality?
Oct 28, 2002 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Y-Z

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I finally decided to abandon the mp3s and move to MD. And I have a question for you MD experts. Is there any difference in sund quality between a MD recorded on the deck recorder with type R and a MD recorded on portable recorder with type R? I'm not sure if I should buy a deck and a MD player or just a Portable MD recorder. What do you guys think?

wink.gif

Oct 28, 2002 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 7
There won't, I think be any discernable difference between recording on a deck and a portable if done digitally. Analogue recording and playback may be a different matter, since most decks will have higher quality components and circuitry.
I only do live recording with my portable (an N707).
I'd recommend using a deck for all other recording as editing can be very fiddly on a portable.

Oct 29, 2002 at 11:14 AM Post #4 of 7
One of the best value decks at the moment is the Sony MDS-JE780. It's got pretty much all the features you could want - digital ins and outs, keyboard input, NetMD and the latest and best variant of ATRAC, Type-S.
I'm going for the MDS-JB980 myself, which has a slightly better spec, and is only a bit more expensive, but doesn't seem so widely available.

Oct 29, 2002 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 7
Er, well, for me in the UK something like Avland or Hyperfi.
I think you're in the States and they don't ship, but you'll get a good deal if you hunt around on the net. Better than the shops, I'm sure.
By the way, you might also consider a portable MD player, they're very handy for music on the move. Good luck.

Oct 29, 2002 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 7
I see, I guess I'll wait till Sony N10 gets realeased and see if it's better than the other recorders. If it's not I think I'll just buy Sharp's MD-DS8 and JE780.

Again, Thanks a lot for the info,

Zhou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back