plz recommend temporary isolating phones
Feb 24, 2005 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

momerath

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings,

My ER-4s are in need of servicing, so I'll be sending them off to Ety, but I can't live without phones in the meantime. I have some HD590s ($115 refurbed on amazon), which I quite like, but they are completely unsuitable for the bus, which is where I will miss my Ety's most. I dropped by Guitar Center last night intending to get some e2c's or md33's, but they had neither in stock. Since these wont be long term phones, I don't really want to spend too much, but I dont mind spending a bit since I'll probably wind up giving them to a friend/family-member when I get my Etys back. I also wouldnt mind trying something new or relatively unknown in the interests of science
wink.gif

So what are your recommendations?

Feb 24, 2005 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 4
has anyone figured out if the ex81's are any better than their little brothers?

Feb 24, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 4
The e2c's was going to be my suggestion... Depending on how much you want to spend, the Sony EX 51, 71 or 81 as allready suggested, could be a (temporary?) solution. I'd have wanted to check out what Shure has to offer compared to Ety though, meaning e2c or e3c. If you don't already know of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Knut

Feb 25, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Unfortunately no idea about the Sony EX81, but there are definitely better choices than the EX51 and EX71's! Since you can't get the MD33, for temporary earphones that are decent enough to give away (to someone else you like) you should try the Panasonic RP-HJE50, if you can get it -- "in the interests of science" (it's better than the EX51 and 71 but not much mentioned here), if nothing else! And than let us know what YOU think ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back