Plz anyone on sony a829 vs nano 4g
Jun 8, 2009 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

oyster

100+ Head-Fier
So far i've been using shuffle 2g & classic 30gb(occasionally). Having heard rave comments on the sansa clip i got myself 2gb clip. Although clean sounding but it dosent have enough definition & scale as even my shuffle. Also volume on the clip is significantly lower than shuffle.So i've zeroed down my next purchase to sony a829 & nano 4g but i havent read any direct comparisons. So anyone who has experienced both these units please get me out of this delimma.I would appreciate if comparisons are based on following parameters:
Volume(even slight differences, i am using sennhieser cx 300ii)
Soundstage
Refinement
Bass(very significant for me)

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 3
the sony will hiss almost as much as your shuffle 2g with the senn cx300. i have the 828 - nice sounding but very very loud hiss messes up enjoyment of the sound. the new ipod nano is a nice sounding unit, but outclassed by the sony except in gapless playback and hiss.

the sony bass is lovely - you won't get the same amount of bass except in the shuffle 1g though that cannot be eq'd to enjoy the sound more as the sony can be.

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, I would go with the sony if I were you. In fact, if you don't need the bluetooth feature in the a828, the s639 might be a good choice as well because you'll still have the sony sound but with less hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back