Plug headphones into iFi audio GO link for supercharged sound!
Mar 15, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #181 of 356
Update yesterday (EU)

USB=V1.69>>>V1.80
  1. Optimize MQA playback indicator display abnormal // Only Android version of Tidal play MQA, audio normal processing but indicator color abnormal (part of the test song: Satisfied scribz riley) //
  2. Add support for USB1.0 // support for PS4/5 and other USB1.0 devices //
  3. Optimize the pause playback indicator display problem // pause playback still display playback sample light color, changed to refresh the current USB identification sample color //
  4. Solve the product connected to PC / device, resulting in PC / device can not boot // Lenovo X13 notebook connected to the product can not normally enter the system, unplug the product, can normally enter the system // the relevant person in charge know.
  5. Optimize MQA pause playback and then switch DSD playback occasional noise // MQA pause playback occasional indicator remains unchanged, switch DSD will appear noise //
  6. Optimize random playback with occasional noise // After unplugging USB several times, random playback with occasional noise //

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #182 of 356
<rubs eyes in disbelief>
Release notes!?

Edit: Also, has anyone else on v1.80 noticed the Go Link now fades in when it’s starting a new digital audio stream?

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #183 of 356
Edit: Ok, that’s just weird. I was able to see V1.80 on my computer at work, but on my iPad at home it’s not there.

I tried from pc and mac and I can only see v1.66 and v1.69, maybe some diferent batch internals¿?
link (1).jpg

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #184 of 356
I’ve just got my Go Link and it works fine on my Xiaomi Lite 5G with USB Audio Player Pro after I enabled the hardware volume control buttons. Then I went and had a look at the firmware downloads on the iFi site, and they seem to be Windows only which is a bit of a disappointment. What is the status of MacOS firmware updater development?

Mar 17, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #185 of 356
I tried from pc and mac and I can only see v1.66 and v1.69, maybe some diferent batch internals¿?
I'm not seeing it on my Macbook at home either... @marekm is in the EU and I'm in New Zealand, hence my theory about it being geo-restricted, but that wouldn't explain how I I haven't had any issues with the firmware so I didn't think they released it early by mistake, but maybe?
I'll have another look at the download portal when I'm back at work, that's the only place I've seen it.

Mar 17, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #186 of 356
I'm not seeing it on my Macbook at home either.

I understand that at least for now, firmware update on the Go Link is only available for Windows.

I am a MacBook user myself, so for the firmware update I had to borrow a Dell notebook (Win 11) :)

Mar 18, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #187 of 356
I understand that at least for now, firmware update on the Go Link is only available for Windows.

I am a MacBook user myself, so for the firmware update I had to borrow a Dell notebook (Win 11) :)
I don’t think it’s blocked based on platform, I tried downloading the drivers and the other two FW versions on MacOS when I was trying to get the installer to work in Crossover. Plus I was able to see all the files on the download portal when I used Android and iPadOS to figure out if there were any firmware updates available to begin with.

I also have to use my work Dell laptop to do the updates due to a general lack of Windows OS at home, but I’m sticking to Win10 for the foreseeable future <insert old man yells at cloud headline here>

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #188 of 356
I don’t think it’s blocked based on platform, I tried downloading the drivers and the other two FW versions on MacOS when I was trying to get the installer to work in Crossover. Plus I was able to see all the files on the download portal when I used Android and iPadOS to figure out if there were any firmware updates available to begin with.

I also have to use my work Dell laptop to do the updates due to a general lack of Windows OS at home, but I’m sticking to Win10 for the foreseeable future <insert old man yells at cloud headline here>
Hi, mate.
Would you mind to share your go link FW V 1.80?
I want to fix this stupid LED problem and occasion noise when i play a music and alt+tab when i change a program in laptop.

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #189 of 356
337154669_525023539786781_2538833780911574003_n.jpg

I admit this is a good dongle. Just lack of support from Ifi (Still no answer from ifi CS). Wish they fix LED problem, noise when play music at the beginning, noise when alt+tab windows, and option for high gain. this is my second spent for ifi product. just hope they won't make me regret to buy this go link.

Mar 22, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #193 of 356
Hi, mate.
Would you mind to share your go link FW V 1.80?
I want to fix this stupid LED problem and occasion noise when i play a music and alt+tab when i change a program in laptop.
https://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Go-Link-USB-V1.80.zip
https://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Go-Link-USB-V1.80.zip

The update shows on their EU site. Used a vpn to get the link for the update. It's for windows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back