Plug headphones into iFi audio GO link for supercharged sound!
Mar 5, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #167 of 356
Is not only ifi. Nobody does.

Plenty of dongles with detachable cable on the market. Primarily Chinese. All of those that I had tried (10+) worked perfectly well with my FiiO LT-LT3 USB Type C to Lightning Cable :thumbsup:

In other words, it can be done :)

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #168 of 356
I have no clue. It asking for product information. Do you have a link to page.

I have posted in the past some reviews but the page was already created by others.

I do not want to do something stupid.
lol tbh i also didnt know if its allowed or not but i previously have made a review page before :sweat_smile:

Mar 5, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #169 of 356
Plenty of dongles with detachable cable on the market. Primarily Chinese. All of those that I had tried (10+) worked perfectly well with my FiiO LT-LT3 USB Type C to Lightning Cable :thumbsup:

In other words, it can be done :)
I have that cable. Good but nothing is like connecting your dac with apple camera adapter usb 3.0 sound quality wise no matter how inconvenient they are. I have that mentioned in my review.

Edit. : also ifi has a very good lighting yellow cable in the go bar box. I asked them to buy it separately but do not sell it separately.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #171 of 356
Good but nothing is like apple dongle sound quality wise no matter how inconvenient they are.

What is it that You wanted to say here ?
  • What is good sound wise ?
  • What is inconvenient and why ?
  • Are you comparing Apple dongle to the likes of Questyle M15, Lotoo PAW S2, xDuoo Link2 BAL, etc. ?

Mar 5, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #172 of 356
What is it that You wanted to say here ?
  • What is good sound wise ?
  • What is inconvenient and why ?
  • Are you comparing Apple dongle to the likes of Questyle M15, Lotoo PAW S2, xDuoo Link2 BAL, etc. ?
I am so sorry. I mean apple adapter to connect to the dac. Usb 3.0 adapter which allows to charge your phone the same time.

Attachments

• 20230219_132524.jpg
    20230219_132524.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #173 of 356
Claro :thumbsup:

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #175 of 356
I see FW 1.80 is out now. I'll give it a whirl.
Update: Initial impressions - this firmware seems to have set a higher gain level on the Go Link, but I'll try it on more than just my laptop.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #176 of 356
Mine got bricked with the update, dunno what happened, did the update and the light now is white without being recognized by any device.

Device manager now marks it as comtrue firmware update device

Update: fixed, now I know how to repair comtrue devices yay

Firmware sounds a bit more powerful but is it me or does it sounds way more clean?

As well after today's review I'm using my 3.5 pro connector (balanced 3.5 connector basically), can't tell any difference besides it sounding way more clean and with a bit higher gain but I think it's the firmware

Update2: yeah, no difference with the 3.5 pro connector

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #177 of 356
Mar 15, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #178 of 356
Firmware sounds a bit more powerful but is it me or does it sounds way more clean?
I don’t know about clean, but that might have been the music I was playing on my phone setup (MindSpring Memories & Sangram, so pretty Lo-fi). I heard elements in some tracks that made my IEMs sound like they were distorting, but I definitely know they weren’t because my notifications came blasting over the top of my music when I least expected it (paaaaaaain!) and they were squeaky clean!

The headphone end still gets pretty toasty warm, but it *seems* like the battery draw from my phone after an hour of playback was negligible. Overall I think this firmware gels pretty well with Plexamp on my phone driving my CA Mammoths (without the IEMatch in the signal path for a change). Despite my observations above about what I thought was distortion I thought the setup got out of its own way and let me really enjoy the music.
….also might have solved my narrow range of volume adjustment, I forgot that Plexamp has a 4db preamp engaged by default 😅

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #179 of 356
I don't need "High gain" but having 100 volume steps in my Samsung (with Sound Sssistant app) maybe I'll try if there is some diferent tuning.

I'll say it again, iFi needs to devolop an app to control these kind of devices, otherwise ruins the experience not to mention phones with standard 15 steps Android volume.

UPDATE: I just checked and I only see v1.69, where did you find v1.80?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #180 of 356
UPDATE: I just checked and I only see v1.69, where did you find v1.80?
It was on the ifi download portal yesterday, released on the 13th :)
Maybe it’s geo-blocked for some parts of the world?

Edit: Ok, that’s just weird. I was able to see V1.80 on my computer at work, but on my iPad at home it’s not there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back