Pls help me to identify between Fake&Real ATH ESW9 to get refund from Paypal.
Jul 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #17 of 38
I think that has never been so true as a welcome to a first poster...

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #18 of 38
Some of your shots show ESW9 for fake and ESW10JPN for real. These are different models and most of the differences you pointed out could be applicable to the real ESW9 vs. ESW10JPN.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your shots show ESW9 for fake and ESW10JPN for real. These are different models and most of the differences you pointed out could be applicable to the real ESW9 vs. ESW10JPN.

True (but that's only for some of them; the first few are straight ESW9 to ESW9 I think), but the shots don't even matter. He'll win the case.

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #20 of 38
Start a claim with PayPal. Do all communications with the seller through this claim. Inform the seller that you have positively identified these headphones to be fake, not authentic, and thus "significantly other than as described in the listing". Inform the seller that you can provide proof of this to the seller if he wants. Inform the seller that you want to arrange for a 100% refund of your money. Give the seller a couple days to reply. He will either agree to the refund and first want the headphones back, agree to the refund and decide you may keep them, fail to reply, ask for your proof, or deny your request for a refund. Post back in this thread for advice on what to do next.

Jul 25, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #21 of 38
I was browsing the internet on my lunch break and was going to order the esw9 from Pop-Shopping Store for about £60. I was called away and didn't get a chance to order them. I then thought that I should compare the prices against other websites and realised that this must be to good to be true.

Aug 17, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #22 of 38
Aug 17, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #23 of 38
I think the lesson to be learned is, once a headphone has been breeched, you stay away from ebay!

greed, the 'want to save a buck' makes us do stupid things. why don't people go the manufacturers website, find a dealer and cough up the doe... is beyond me.

One other main fact is ignored, and that is ... there's plenty of other headphones out there to choose from. why swin in a pool of piranha's!

fakeheadphones.com » Audio Technica ATH-ESW-9

Aug 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #24 of 38
The guy is still posting those on ebay. He is the " I'm selling these for a friend" he has no item description at all, just that line. Almost always a new user with no feedback. Stay away.

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #27 of 38
PayPal is there to protect the Seller NOT the Buyer - after all, it is the seller who generates their income. And to repeat, once the seller has withdrawn their PayPal account funds (usually immediately in the case of fraudulent sellers), then PayPal provides zero protection - once they have their profit and you are left holding the (counterfeit) bag with absolutely NO recourse.

Oct 17, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #29 of 38
Headfi need to have a big banner that says: do no buy ESW9 on e bay, and if you do dont post in the forums to say that incredible as that might sound you ended up getting fakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back