Pls help me deciding!..
Feb 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pacio

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,
I'm pretty new to the head-fi world, but enjoy it from the beginning. I have an HD558 (thank you all for the advice!) and would like to upgrade to a more solid amp (now I have a FiiO E6). I used to listen to my music from the iPhone but I think it's time to make something closer to my habit and switch to the library I have on my pc.
Now the point is that I would like to get a desktop amp and am udecided which one out of a 3, maybe 4 models list.
I have an old and modded (thanks Wayne @Bolder Cables!) SB3 - really nice sounding - with "Enthusiast" analog mods. I would like to run an ethernet cable from my pc to the SB3, then use its DAC and go straight to an amp.
Two main questions for you, gentlemen:
1. Amp choice
My choice would be among the following: A) Schiit Asgard; B) Audio-gd Sparrow; C) Matrix M-Stage.
I know that the Sparrow bear a DAC, but for my budget is the only preamp from Audio-gd I can afford, unless you tell me that the C2.2 makes a world of a difference (it's a bit out of range, but..)
2. Hearing disparity
I have a hearing loss of about 30% from my right ear, but none of the mentioned amps have a balance control. Do you think it's possible to talk to the manufacturer I will choose to set the unbalanced output and fill the gap? If not, the Matrix would be my first chioce if the gain setting that can be done per each channel is a good solution to my issue.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Marco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back