Pls help here..
Sep 1, 2007 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cusx

New Head-Fier
hi all, im new to headphones
biggrin.gif

mind to suggest me some good headphones for gaming worth the price that work with the below soundblaster

prod15854_hdr_1_6_2.jpg

or I have to buy sound card that has the I/O panel

btn_fatality-champion_on.jpg

1 very noob question : can headphones plug into the hole of the soundblaster without the I/O panel tingy ? or I have to get the soundblaster with I/O panel, whats the cons of i/o panel ? thx

hope ye'll all help .. thanks
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 7
Misread your question.

A closed headphone that is easy to drive since you haven't mentioned a headphone amp. AT A900 or Senn HD280, maybe AKG K240S?. I think closed headphones are better for gaming, better spatial directional sound, personally.

And I don't think you need the panel. These will have very very long cable. Plus you can connect your soundcard to a stereo. Which looks better than the panel anyways.

Sep 1, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 7
what are amps for ?

i notice HD595 are good, are they good for gaming ?

isit true that open air for music, closed for gaming ?
confused.gif

between thanks for de fast reply

Sep 1, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by cusx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what are amps for ?

i notice HD595 are good, are they good for gaming ?

isit true that open air for music, closed for gaming ?
confused.gif

between thanks for de fast reply

Amplifying the signal coming out of your soundcard. However, you don't need one to meet your gaming needs.

HD595 (or a pair of HD600) are great for gaming. I played alot of Counter Strike in the past and my HD600 served me well..

Regarding what they are for... honestly, neither is better suited for mu sic / gaming, both are equally good. Some people prefer closed cans for gaming because they block out sounds around you (traffic outside, or whatever that may be causing irritating noise) while others prefer open cans because they have more "air" and precision.

I don't think you can go wrong with the HD595 for gaming.

Regarding the panel though: Yes, you can plug in your headphones there if the headphones have a stereo plug. (or you have a mini -> stereo converter, usually comes with the headphones)

Sep 1, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #5 of 7
I have HD 595 and they are great for gaming. And are open design. But maybe AT A900 are better choice for gaming because they are closed. But i really never tried it. But overall i think that closed will be better choice for gaming.

Sep 1, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElephantTLK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have HD 595 and they are great for gaming. And are open design. But maybe AT A900 are better choice for gaming because they are closed. But i really never tried it. But overall i think that closed will be better choice for gaming.

i guest im getting HD 595 since no Amps are needed

i've nvr played CS online b4
biggrin.gif

is a mic neccesory to play online games lol..

any way thanks for the fast reply

Sep 1, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by cusx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i guest im getting HD 595 since no Amps are needed

i've nvr played CS online b4
biggrin.gif

is a mic neccesory to play online games lol..

any way thanks for the fast reply

Good choice. Its good headphone for that. And no mic is not neccesary for online gaming.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back