Plextor PX-W4824TU Power Calibration Errors?
Jun 22, 2003 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Welly Wu

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello all! I have an external USB2 Plextor 48/24/48 CD-RW drive connected to my notebook through a Belkin USB2 Cardbus. For the past couple of months, the thing runs great. Recently, I seem to be getting a lot of "Power Calibration Errors." I sent an e-mail to Plextor and they told me to update the firmware, software, and to use a canister of air to clean my drive. I did all of that and the problem went away for a little bit. However, it's back with a vengeance. Air canisters are not cheap and I try to keep my room clean and dust free as possible but I can't come up with a permanent solution to this problem. By the way, I have just inserted my Maxell Gold Lens Cleaner disc and it is running right now. I may pick up another canister of air tomorrow when I go to work at Staples. What can I do to avoid these power calibration errors and just keep on burning? Thank you!
rs1smile.gif

EDIT: I switched around with a couple of different CD-R media and I found that my drive happens to like TDK Certified Media. I will probably invest in Tayo Yuden GOLD 700MB / 80 minute CD-Rs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back