Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400
Apr 18, 2015 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

palvy

New Head-Fier
I just got myself Denon MM400. Was close call between them and P7. Will go back to the store in about 30 days and give P7 another try.

However, I would like to get a new DAC.
I do have Fiio E07K and I´m happy with it. Except, I can´t connect to to my Iphone. There are no miniB to lightning cable.
And after browsing internet for a while, it seems like it should be possible to connect (miniB to microB, adapter micro to lightning). But it is still hard to find, as not all microB design to transfer data, but rather just for charging.
Easier solution - my GF gets E07K (that works with her android phone) and she gets me a gift - new DAC.

So, my source will be iphone 6. Using ALAC/320 files. With Denon MM400 (unless I decide for P7 or Momentum later). I did like Denon better, but I want head-tp-head comparison with Momentum as well.
Something self-powered, as compact as possible and good sound, obviously. Another future that would be nice is to adjust bass/treble, like it´s possible on E07K. 

If a DAC don´t have all the futures, feel free to suggest it, I will consider it!

I don´t want dedicated player. I don´t like to drag things with me. I want to have all the songs on my phone and decide if I want to bring dac with me or not. 
And I would like to use dac with tablet/macbook as well. Dedicated player can´t do it.

Thank you for your help!

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 9
It really depends on how much you want to spend, the are a lot of products that will give you better sound than the fiio. Also areyou looking just for a dac or an amp/dac combo?

Jul 19, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 9
I´m looking mostly for AMP. I never use full-volume out of the phone and never use any of my FIIOs dac futures.

Good AMP to go with Denon MM400. Small/compact, good battery (to hold at least a day). Preferably, option to adjust bass/treb.
There is sooo much to choose between, I have no idea what to look for.

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #6 of 9
How much do you want to spend?that has a lot to do with your decision or what I can recommend. I you don't want to bracke the bank the jds labs c5 and cayin c5 are pretty good. I like the c5 better but the cayin has more power for hungry cans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back