Please tell me your opinion about ebay dispute
Mar 11, 2011 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Angelopsaro

500+ Head-Fier
Hello guys. Please tell me your opinion about a walkman NWZ-B143 i bid on ebay.
From time to time i bid small amount of money on ebay in case i buy a cheap mp3player for my sports.
Last week ebay sent me an email that i won a walkman NWZ-B143 for 2 dollars plus 7$ shipping costs. After an hour ebay informed me that the seller asked for a transaction cancellation. The reason he stated was that he made a mistake, he is sorry for the inconvenience and wants to cancel the deal.
I noticed he is selling another NWZ-B143 and the bidding price is at 15$ (+7 for shipping).
What do you think i should do? Be polite and accept the cancellation? or ask for the seller to keep his word and ship the item? i could also offer him a higher price at my highest bid  which was 7$ so we split the deal.
What do you think happened? Seller ended the listing earlier by mistake or it just didn't had any interest from other bidders?
All opinion are welcome!

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #2 of 6
From someone who has dealt with bad sellers on Ebay:

Get out while you can. Be glad that you didn't lose any money. Find a seller with good feedback and look for something else.
If a seller is giving you trouble, chances are that he is not very honest.

The question is which is most important for you: a new MP3 player or making a bargain. You can find MP3 players for okay prices at Ebay, but nowadays bargains are difficult to come by.

So it is better to save up fomr something you will really need and use and get it from a good seller...

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #3 of 6
For Ebay, do not go lower than 99.9 with the sellers if possible. Usually that is possible and anyone who cannot live up to that standard should not be selling stuff anyway.

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 6
I don't think the seller made a "mistake." It sounds more like the price of his item didn't reach the selling price that he wanted so he decided to re-list the walkman at a higher price. Also, I would not bargain with a seller outside of eBay. I don't believe you are protected as a buyer under eBay's rules.

Personally, I would avoid this type of seller and accept the cancellation. eBay allows a seller to set up a "reserve" price and this seller should have done that instead of trying to cancel on you.

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 6
id make him send it.... tell him he's lying and if he doesnt give him a horrible feedback

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #6 of 6
Thank you guys for your interest in helping me.
Just to let you know that the seller send me an email telling me that he stopped the auction (thus comes the low ended price) because he listed the item two times when he had only one walkman in stock.
It seems true to me because i didnt write down the ending date but it ended kind of fast.
Nevertheless since i didnt make a payment  iam happy and i shouldnt try to complicate things. There arer a lot of other deals out there.
L3000.gif

thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back