Please Tell Me Which Wires I need to buy for my Stereo Setup here!!!
Dec 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ncapolupo

New Head-Fier
Alright. I plan on going from my Ipod to an equalizer to a 2 channel amp to my floorspeakers. Im a little confused on which wires to buy, because I havent done this since ten years or so ago, and it was all RCA for my setup. This XLR  and "balanced" stuff has got me a little confused. Ill give you the specifics and you can let me know what you think.

1: Ipod = I was going to get a headphone jack to 2-RCA wire to go into the equalizer.
2:Equalizer = [size=small]Mr. Dj DEQ500 Dual Band Stereo Graphic Equalizer [/size] or
                      [size=small]Technical Pro EQ5101 Professional Dual 10 Band Equalizer[/size]  ... I think Im going to go with one of these EQ's. Which have RCA input and outputs. Now here is where my question is. Which wire would be my best bet to go to the amp:
3. Amp = Cerwin Vega CV1800. It has XLR and balanced TLS or whatever it is, inputs.
4. Speakers = Cerwin Vega XLS 15's ( a pair of them). I know Im just going to go banana plug to bare wire on the speakers.

My main question is what wire to use to go from the EQ to the amp for best results. Please advise, and feel free to let me know if I have any of the other wiring wrong. I basically want to have deep bass, and deafening power from my Ipod through the Cerwin Vegas, and I want it to last. I grew up with an old pair of CV's and I loved them. But I had a really old 2 channel, simple amp, and it was killer. I dont remember what it was now. Im trying to get as close to that as I can.  I appreciate any help in advance.

-Nick

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #4 of 4
or should i go RCA to 1/4 into the TLS inputs? TLS and XLR are new to me. I dont really plan on running long runs or anything like that, Its just that this amp doesnt have RCA inputs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back