please tell me what can i do here,i'm fresh
Mar 2, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by fat brother
thanks for your bless,it's same to you

chines is very useful

hello! I'm chinese too, and can understand spoken chinese, but I can't read the traditional characters.

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #17 of 28
OK, I'll help (you'd have to pay $60/hour for a private tutor in some places!).

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat brother
biggrin.gif
chinese is fashion today ,and english is important too to me,many thing need english

Chinese is fashionable today (English has alot more verb conjugation & relevant sub-verbs than most languages), and English is important to me too (you may use "also" in place of "too" if you desire). Many things need English.

Quote:

i am poor in english ,it's my big trouble

My English is poor, it's troublesome.

Considering English is one of the most understandably difficult languages in the world to learn (we have alot of slang & other idioms that make no sense), I applaud your attempt to learn. May you have much success.

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #18 of 28
BTW: Just because I'm curious, are you from mainland China, or Hong Kong?

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja
OK, I'll help (you'd have to pay $60/hour for a private tutor in some places!).

Chinese is fashionable today (English has alot more verb conjugation & relevant sub-verbs than most languages), and English is important to me too (you may use "also" in place of "too" if you desire). Many things need English.

My English is poor, it's troublesome.

Considering English is one of the most understandably difficult languages in the world to learn (we have alot of slang & other idioms that make no sense), I applaud your attempt to learn. May you have much success.

o my god,it's so many error,i should study hard more and more

thank you very much

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #22 of 28
Welcome to head-fi!

I'm Chinese America so my Chinese is average at best.
rolleyes.gif
My native Chinese dialect is Cantonese but I speak a bit of Mandarin, though my grammar is often strange. I blame all those Hong Kong movies.
tongue.gif

Hope you enjoy your stay and feel free to ask people here for help or just to strike up a conversation.
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Welcome to head-fi!

I'm Chinese America so my Chinese is average at best.
rolleyes.gif
My native Chinese dialect is Cantonese but I speak a bit of Mandarin, though my grammar is often strange. I blame all those Hong Kong movies.
tongue.gif

Hope you enjoy your stay and feel free to ask people here for help or just to strike up a conversation.
icon10.gif

thanks for your bless

i will enjoy here with your favor

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #27 of 28
Wow! You have a scary resemblance to James Blunt.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #28 of 28
welcome fat brother.

i worked with folks from bejing at my last job. one could barely speak english, but his written communication was very good.

we should ask scrypt to help out with fat brother's english:
"My gad, what a decent biped you've become, always peering through that testicle and switching it from eye to eye! Why, it's as if I'm not wearing my facial splints whenever we meet! And now you say you've turned [mumble, fidget, unintentional wind] years old? Good curds, it's enough to harm the cackles of my wart!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back