Please tell me that U.E. t.fi 10's need break in time!
Jan 3, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #31 of 41
my two cents: i ran a frequency sweep through the triplefi's with different tips. the comply tips takes out a lot of mids and highs and boosts the bass too much where it kinda swallows everything else up. the silicone let things through clearly when i didn't have them shoved in deep, which i actually prefer because i don't have to keep fixing them. the first week i wanted to return them because it sounded too harsh, but it actually sounds really good the second week. ran the frequency sweep through it again and the bass has settled a little while the mids and highs are crisper. although balanced armatures are the moving parts, they are still connected to a diaphragm that produce the sounds, and in the case of these, there will be three diaphragms, one for each balanced armature. wikipedia
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easy...you are the only one I have ever heard describe the TFP as having a sucked out cavernous midrange so we should not consider your ears the golden standard either. If you think it IS a fit issue, then yes, he actually is NOT hearing them right.

Well said Spyro. Qusp does have a tendency to express his views in a forthright manner. I don't have a problem with it but it can come across as arrogant.

Jan 3, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that people are assuming everyone who doesn't like them hasn't heard them right, but this is the 3rd or 4th time in 2 weeks we've seen a new thread with someone who either has only listened to the TF10s for a few minutes is discouraged with them, or is new to IEMs and says the TF10s are garbage.

I can totally understand if you don't like the sound sig of the TF10, they present a very "smiley faced" EQ IMHO. But that's the kind of sound that I like, especially since my DAP doesn't have any EQ controls. If the OP had given a detailed account of how the sound signature didn't fit their preferences, I'm sure that the direction of this thread would be quite different.

@iponderous Clearly those percentages I was throwing about were in no way founded on anything scientific. It's called sweeping generalizations, and making a point.

Acknowledging the problem is the first step to overcoming it bjarrdker. :wink:

Jan 3, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #34 of 41
Yea seems like you don't have a good fit because they definitely do have bass. Coming from the re0's the tf10's almost give me a headache with the bass. I can only imagine how I'm gonna feel like when I get some ie8's haha.

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Easy...you are the only one I have ever heard describe the TFP as having a sucked out cavernous midrange so we should not consider your ears the golden standard either. If you think it IS a fit issue, then yes, he actually is NOT hearing them right.

lol I love how people cant seem to accept other words in place of IMO, when clearly a an opinion is being stated. too funny. where did I claim mine was the only way', where did I say anything matter of fact? I stated MY experience with them and no, I am not even close to the only person how feels they have VERY tilted EQ and I also found the soundstage to be artificially wide and wierd. thus the cavern.

I just didnt like them from the get go and I see no reason to sugar coat that. however I can totally see how someone might enjoy them, just not me. which is why I said he probably had a fit problem because although I actively disliked them, the issues I had were close to the opposite of his. my experience with them was also coloured by the fact that the cable started to fail within that first couple of weeks as well, one side had a slight distortion that changed sides when I flip flopped. this with keeping them in the case the whole time and babying them because they were my only high end IEMs.

so please dont take it as a personal affront when I state my feelings about a product you happen to like, we ARE after all talking about inanimate objects here
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #37 of 41
If you want to let them run overnight, I wont discourage you, wont hurt them any, brings piece of mind.
If it was a sealed box and you got the original Amazon reciept, odds are they are not fake. It could also be the angle in which the IEM sits in your ear, when using the Comply's. If it sounds like a blanket was thrown over the sound, its gotta be the tips.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Au contraire. I might not use quite that language, but I totally agree with his assessment of how badly the midrange recession hurts the TF10s. They are one of a very few sets of IEMs that I unequivocally wanted to return after a solid couple of weeks of use, despite wanting to like them based on their significant price tag. At $100, they are adequate; at close to $400, nowhere close.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #40 of 41
I think burn in is needed for not only the phones, but the cables, and for YOUR HEAD AND BRAIN.. everyone needs to get used to new phones cuz they always sound different from the last. Like someone that had the NE-7m and then got the Westone 3 and didn't like it.. after giving it a week he sold the NE-7m.. it takes some time.

Either you're having fit issues, or they are faulty. Because they are great sounding phones.. you might have a fit where the tips are getting mashed together in your ear and giving that muffled sound. and if all else fails with fit send em to Fisher Audio and make em custom like I did mine.. witch I love!

I'm starting to not wanna respond to any of these TF10 threads anymore tbh.. getting old! it's not that they suck, because before the amazon deal they were still considered a top tier IEM, but now they aren't why.. because they had a huge liquidation in price.. Some people will like em, some wont. just like some love ety's and some dont. It's a part of our hobby. not everyone likes, hears, or feels the same.. But I say give em a chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back