Please tell me that U.E. t.fi 10's need break in time!
Jan 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

shark2288

New Head-Fier
I just picked up a pair and they sound like a speaker with a blanket laying over it. This is my 4th pair of iem's and these are by far the worst sounding. i've tried skullcandy, image s4 and shure se210k's. They all blow these away so far. Please tell me they just need some time. As I've gone up in price class, the SQ has improved, untill now, it took a plunge below stock earbuds! I'm going to let these run a couple of hours and see if that helps.

Jan 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 41
Make sure your not using the foam tips that are too large. I made this mistake and it took all the treble out or so it seemed...must have blocked the treble port. I switched back to the silicone small tips and it sounds fantastic. I'm getting them reshelled into custom soon.

Jan 1, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 41
correct seal is very hard to achieve with these IEMs. You're almost certainly not getting a good seal. They're incredible sounding IEMS.

Jan 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 41
OP, can you describe what you're hearing with the Triple Fi in contrast to the S4? I've heard both and the S4 doesn't come close to the Triple Fi in any aspects except for comfort.

Jan 1, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #7 of 41
100% fitting issue......agreed with some people here, try all the tips, if not working buy sony hybrid tips which works for most people that couldnt find suitable one. If still couldnt then sell it at your purchase price here.......

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #10 of 41
I get 0 fit, and hence 0 bass when using any of the silicone tips. So I'm using the foam tips now, they are not that comfortable so I have ordered some other tips from eBay (search for "sony hybrid" for the ones all the TF10 owners here on head-fi seems to recommend).

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #11 of 41
I use shure foam tips on mine; they fit well for me. You just need to see fiddle and see what fits you the best.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #12 of 41
I'm going to try all The tips tonight
There seems to be muffled highs and not much bass. Could they be fakes. I got them on eBay from a Guy who said he got them on the Amazon deal. I will take some pictures.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #13 of 41
There seems to be muffled highs and not much bass. Could they be fakes. I got them on eBay from a Guy who said he got them on the Amazon deal. I will take some pictures.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #14 of 41
Haven't heard of any fake T.Fi10s but wouldn't be surprised if they started making them.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by shark2288 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not much bass is a good indication of poor fit assuming that your Triple-Fi is real. IMO, Triple-Fi's bass is on the prominent side as with S4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back