Please suggest headphones and amps for review...
Nov 16, 2008 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RGA

100+ Head-Fier
Hi There headphone fanatics.

I am in the process of compiling a list of headphones and headphone amplifiers (with USB a must) to review for dagogo.com.

I greatly enjoy headphone listening and I am currently on a year to two year assignment teaching in China and I felt this was the best time to cover a big part of the audiophile community that I have found seriously lacking - headphone based systems.

What I wish to do is compile several headphones and headphone amplifier/DACs at various price levels - assessing them on their own merits but with reference to other available headphones. I am not brand name biased - I like several different cans from different makers and I have to say I am less inclined to several cans from the same makers.

I am looking at products from entry level to cost no object and they can be portable devices as well.

I currently used a Total Bithead as a Traveling DAC and an ASL headphone amp at home which were/are nice the price - and HD 600 headphones - but I have had experience with Stax, AKG 1000, The Orpheus, Grado, beyer, Sony, etc.

What I would like are headphone in the sub $200, $200 - $500, $500 - $1500, $1500 up

Amps in the Sub $500, $500 - 1000, $1000 and up ranges.

The review scheme is mainly for computer based listening or IPod. Though I can also get a CD player the problem is my CD collection is back home.

I would also be open to various cables only if they are "plug and play.

I enjoy reviewing less well known equipment and being in China would afford Chinese makers an easier time to ship given the different electrical demands here.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

As a helper this can be cut an pasted:

Headphonessub $200

Headphones$200 - $500

Headphones$500 - $1500

Headphones$1500 up

Headphone AmpsSub $500

Headphone Amps$500 - $1000

Headphone Amps$1000 and up

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 2
Okay I'll try an easier track

Please list some headphones or headphone amps you feel is deserving of some wider attention - something you feel is under represented in the review press and want reviewed.

Thanks in advance.
Richard Austen DAGOGO - A Unique Audiophile Experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back