Please suggest a blues CD
Dec 17, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My daughter included a wish for a blues CD in her Christmas wish list. I would appreciate suggestions for which CD of a blues female singer I should consider. I especially need suggestions for CDs that are likely to be available in local stores, such as Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, etc.

what kinda blues do you like? Texas blues? , Chicago, Modern Electric, soul?

just trying to make a good suggestion.

A no brainer and excellently recorded is "Sessions for Robert J by Eric Clapton".

One of the first if not the first true blues man Robert Johnson's songs are breathed new life by Eric Clapton and is a must have CD. They also make it in a cd/dvd combo that has several more tracks and shows the actual whole recording process of the album. They even went to the old abandoned actual hotel in TX where Robert Johnson recorded some of the songs back in the day. In the very same room. Spooky but cool!

Another recent find of an old album is "Give it up to love" by Mighty Sam MCclain. I own the XRCD version that is hard to find but the regular CD can be found pretty easily. A good Mid-tempo old school soulful blues with great guitar licks, a few upbeat and slow tunes mixed in but a nice flow to the CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back