Please Suggest a "Beer of the Month Club"
Dec 8, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #2 of 14
We should start a Head-Fi one.

I'm 19 now, so I'm legal in Canada now! YAY!

I have a Heineken I plan on drinking tomorrow.

Dec 8, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 14
Yes, why not start our own club?

Dec 8, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 14
Count me in.. I love trying new beers.

I'm up in Portland, Maine for a week or so for business. Anyone have any ideas on good local breweries? I'm hitting up a place named Sebago's tonight and we'll see what they've got there.

One of my favorites is Samuel Adams Oktoberfest but you probably can't get it right now because it's a seasonal brew.

Dec 8, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #5 of 14
Did someone mention BEER, im in
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a holiday beer for you, its from England and called Santa's Butt. Great name and tasty beer.

Probaply tastes quite ****ty, I guess...
biggrin.gif

A beer that got me into dark beers was Ettaler (i forgot exact name but I know the label whenever I see it), some kind of monastery beer. A hint of sweetness and right amount of thickness/"foodyness" without "tar"-like feeling that is commonly assigned with dark beers.

Beer of the month club?
confused.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #12 of 14
Three Floyds Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout gets my vote.

Dec 8, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #13 of 14
This is an example of a Beer of the Month Club. Simply put, you send a company a certain amount of money, and they, in turn, send you a selection of beers on a monthly basis. The idea is that perhaps they can provide a nice selection of beers that you have not tried before due to lack of access, knowledge, production quantities, etc.

Now, I thank you all for your individual recommendations for particular beers, but that is not--at all--my purpose in this thread. I simply--and only--wish to know if people can recommend a beer of the month club (see link for example) that is reputable and consistent. If you do not have a response that satisfies this question, at least in part, please consider starting your own "this is the beer I like" thread.

I did not expect this to be difficult.

Dec 9, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #14 of 14
We could affiliate a head-fi beer club with the SAURAS (St. Andrews University Real Ale Society).

We have an awesome pub crawl.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back