Please stop bashing the Creative Zen or Creative Zen Xfi
Mar 22, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #76 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why couldn't you just use the headphone jack as a line out? Maybe I'm missing something here...

headphone jack is not the best for lineout, because the sound is processed by the onboard amp and reduced quality is resulted. Because when you turn the volume up it can also easily distort the sound.

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #77 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Creative sucks. Always has. They could do so much better but appear to be deaf and dumb.

Yhea, I totally agree with this. I wouldn't buy one single thing from them no-good-do'ers .... hmmm, wait a sec....
ph34r.gif

But anyway, I haven't heard the Creative Zen (yet) but whats really disappointing me is that Creative stopped making HDD players for quite an while. The Zen Vision series where (and still are) pretty great in my opinion, a bit on the bulky side though, but that isnt too much of a problem imo. (although i would love to see an Creative Zen in the same formfactor as the iPod Nano (or the new Shuffle), and yes, thats coming from a 'Apple hater' (actually mostly only the iFanboys, but thats not really relevant))
I actually wonder whats Creative's future conserning their MP3 section, because i guess the Zen (Xfi) is alright, but i'd love to see something new and exciting.

By the way, the older Zen's (Vision series) do have an Line out, the Zen:Vision -W and Zen:Vision -[blank] even had dedicated 3.5mm line outs, and as far as I can tell (not much comparison) it really sounds great when i connect it to my amplifier (speakers). Also (oviously) alot better then the Headphone-out jack.

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #78 of 80
Personally, I'm pretty curious of how the Zen Fi sounds. Didn't read any reviews of it yet. I've owned the ZVM though and I must say that it was by far the WORST player I've heard in my life. If the Zen-Fi sounds even remotely close to it, then foget it mon.

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #79 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've owned the ZVM though and I must say that it was by far the WORST player I've heard in my life.

You can state that the ZVM is the worst player you've heard in your life in your opinion. But I would seriously question any of your opinions if you did. I've had a ZVM for years. The sound quality is excellent, direct out or headphone out. In fact, I'd say it has one of the better headphone outs, and it closesly matches the line out in quality. Westone 3s sound great running straight out the HP out, even better with a good amp on the line out.

So what, in your opinion, is one of the better players you've heard in your life? We all know the iPod's headphone out is teh suk. Line out is probably OK, but certainly not any better than the ZVM.

Mar 25, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #80 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by javahut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can state that the ZVM is the worst player you've heard in your life in your opinion. But I would seriously question any of your opinions if you did. I've had a ZVM for years. The sound quality is excellent, direct out or headphone out. In fact, I'd say it has one of the better headphone outs, and it closesly matches the line out in quality. Westone 3s sound great running straight out the HP out, even better with a good amp on the line out.

So what, in your opinion, is one of the better players you've heard in your life? We all know the iPod's headphone out is teh suk. Line out is probably OK, but certainly not any better than the ZVM.

The ZVM sounded muy muddy to my ears. EQuing it was a no go as it further deteriorated the sound. Setting the eqalizer to flat led to less volume and muddled sound. EQuing the mids led to grain. Even with flat settings, the mids were grainy to my ears. I've had it myself for nearly two years. Gave it to my sister and that's that.

Best sounding DAP I've heard to date? The Clip.

This is MY opinion. You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back