please someone help me to choose a USB DAC
Jul 19, 2009 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hur1214

New Head-Fier
I have Onkyo SE-200 PCI+ Sound card and something went wrong, not working. I need to change.... right now i'm using onboard soundcard which is hell. I'm looking for one USB DAC/soundcard...

I would like to send up to $300.

My setup will be:

PC -> USB DAC -> Little Dot MK III -> Grado 225

Jul 19, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by hur1214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Onkyo SE-200 PCI+ Sound card and something went wrong, not working. I need to change.... right now i'm using onboard soundcard which is hell. I'm looking for one USB DAC/soundcard...

I would like to send up to $300.
My setup will be:
PC -> USB DAC -> Little Dot MK III -> Grado 225

Having first got the hot audio DAC as shown in the link, I simply can't recommend them, unless you have troublesome onboard (noise etc); they add nothing whatsoever IME.

For your budget the Corda 3move would do nicely. I bit the bullet after the Hot audio and got one of these for my MS1/DT250. good product and good value

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 9
If you go to the amp section search for the Hifiman EF2. It is an USB DAC w/ a tube Amp section. Both Larry (HeadphoneAddict) and myself have an unit which we have been testing/listening to, we both think very highly off it. The unit is sold by Head Direct a site sponsor for $189.

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #5 of 9
The Firestone Fubar II USB DAC with Supplier is just about in your budget. The supplier adds greater dynamics and I would recommend getting both.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you go to the amp section search for the Hifiman EF2. It is an USB DAC w/ a tube Amp section. Both Larry (HeadphoneAddict) and myself have an unit which we have been testing/listening to, we both think very highly off it. The unit is sold by Head Direct a site sponsor for $189.

Yes, do check this DAC out; there have been favorable impressions and reviews written about it in a thread on the first page about it. I may just buy this DAC for college.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #8 of 9
Pico DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back