Please share your best songs that can make your portable set up or DAP to Nirvana
Dec 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rudi0504

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi All my Head Fi friends

First of all I wish you all , Founder and the Moderators from Head Fi :

Happy New Year 2014 and All the Best in Year 2014.

Please share your best songs that can make your portable set up or DAP to Nirvana

With the Tittle of the CD and Songs.,
if possible with sample from You tube ,
that all can test before they buy the songs

We believe the first important thing in Audio is Source in this case Music or Songs , if our Music has very bad Sound Quality or Recording , that can make our DAP or Audio Set Up in very bad Sound Quality as well.

It is better for me if I buy CD or songs , I buy most of my CDs in Audiophile Sound Quality , the first investment I pay more for the best Sound Quality , but I am happy for years .
Very bad recording I heard only 1or 2 times , the rest is in my cupboard .
Audiophile Recording I can hear many times.

Below are my favorites songs or music for my set up or DAP they can make the to Nirvana :

Joe Bonamassa : Blues Delux
Track number 3
You tube : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dFhSZyZ1Zts

Take Dake : The Asian Roots
Track number 6
You tube : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-bfsQjqnjwc

Chinese Tibets Songs : The Business of Love
Track number 3 and 9

Da Da Wa
Track Number 7

baso : Renaesance
Track number 1

I will share more

Enjoy your Music , Music can make us in peace and feel so relax

I am very happy to find Head Fi and can meet my friends and share each other our experience

We are all human sometime make error or wrong , this is normal and please forgive to each other for more fiends here in Head Fi .

Nobody is perfect

I can not imagine one day without music , like I eat plain rice :D

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 8
I think poorly recording can sound good as long as the music is great and thats why I still listen to Jazz bootlegs at times..

Lately, I have been playing with this demo disc in 24/96 flac format...

Unfortunately, not all my gear sound good.
frown.gif
More reason for upgrade...
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 8
I think poorly recording can sound good as long as the music is great and thats why I still listen to Jazz bootlegs at times..

Lately, I have been playing with this demo disc in 24/96 flac format...

Unfortunately, not all my gear sound good. :frowning2: More reason for upgrade...:beerchug:

I am agree with you About the songs
The most classical jazz are very good , I can hear for year never get Boring :D

What I mean hear , if you meet your friend , they want try your gear , if the sound quality very bad , I don't think they will buy like your DAP
For example my mini meet with with Sid :
Last week I met Sid from Singapore , he heard many times Abyss headphones at Jaben Singapore , he don't want to buy this Abyss , first so expensive and the sound quality is not in that price level .
But after he heard with my portable set up with my audiophile sound quality songs , this wow factor in his first impression was so excited , that he plan to buy Abyss.

I fly on 2 Jan to 4 Jan 2014 to Hong Kong , I wish I can meet Gavin and you ,but this time my meeting very tight and I go with my client , very sad can not meet my audio friend like you from Hong Kong

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 8
I am agree with you About the songs
The most classical jazz are very good , I can hear for year never get Boring
biggrin.gif

What I mean hear , if you meet your friend , they want try your gear , if the sound quality very bad , I don't think they will buy like your DAP
For example my mini meet with with Sid :
Last week I met Sid from Singapore , he heard many times Abyss headphones at Jaben Singapore , he don't want to buy this Abyss , first so expensive and the sound quality is not in that price level .
But after he heard with my portable set up with my audiophile sound quality songs , this wow factor in his first impression was so excited , that he plan to buy Abyss.

I fly on 2 Jan to 4 Jan 2014 to Hong Kong , I wish I can meet Gavin and you ,but this time my meeting very tight and I go with my client , very sad can not meet my audio friend like you from Hong Kong

beerchug.gif
I will PM you my contact. Pls feel free to contact if schedule allows. Hope you have a great trip in Hong Kong.

FYI, DMA has a new show room in MongKok which is quite big: http://www.post76.com/wordpress/?p=48589

I agree with you, audiophile tracks can demo the gear full potential for people to purchase.

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 8
:beerchug: I will PM you my contact. Pls feel free to contact if schedule allows. Hope you have a great trip in Hong Kong.

FYI, DMA has a new show room in MongKok which is quite big: http://www.post76.com/wordpress/?p=48589

I agree with you, audiophile tracks can demo the gear full potential for people to purchase.

Thank you
Pam sent m I hope we can meet each other

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #6 of 8
Porcupine Tree: Deadwing
Track 5 - Arriving Somewhere Not Here
You Tube: 

Hunted for the DVD-A of this for months. The DTS 5.1 mix is excellent and the Stereo PCM version is amazing. Ripped to WMA Lossless for use on my Zune HD 64/UE 7 Pro IEMs. People don't believe me when I tell them that I can hear a night and day difference between 320 mbps MP3 & Lossless with my setup.

Steven Wilson: The Raven That Refused to Sing
Track 6 - The Raven That Refused to Sing
you tube:

Mostly I just need more lossless sources because I have both the CD and Lossless versions of the above. There's a very subtle difference between tracks off of the CD ripped to lossless and the genuine lossless tracks. Yeah, more lossless please!

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #8 of 8
Just got an early release of the new Transatlantic album - Kaleidoscope, both the regular CD release as well as the DVD with 5.1 DTS, Dolby Digital and PCM. Very good release even if it isn't official until 1/28, so no YouTube links just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back