Please recommend the most "Comfortable" headphone for $200?
Jun 22, 2014 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jihyeu

New Head-Fier
I have a Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 on-ear headphone.

I don't have a big head size but still after 2-3 hours wearing I start to feel uncomfortable.

Can anyone please recommend a comfortable headphone in $200 range?

Comfortable comes first, then the sound quality.

Thank you.

Jun 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 10
I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD598 on my head and I'm not listening to anything. I am getting ready to pop open an emulator, however I am easily distracted. With any other headphones I've owned, I wouldn't just leave them sitting on my head with nothing playing. They are amazingly comfortable for hours and hours.

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #3 of 10
Beyerdynamic DT770 pro. One of the most comfortable cans ever made.

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #4 of 10
Open: Senn HD598 and HD558, Sony MA900, open Beyer's, AKG Q701 (here for $200: http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Signature-Reference-Class-Premium-Headphones/dp/B004444O3W/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1403526626&sr=8-2&keywords=akg+k701)

Closed: NVX XPT100, DT770, Sony MDR1R, Bose AE2, Denon AH-D1100

I didn't restrained the list to a specific sound signature, these are just comfortable, over ear headphones that include neutral and more bassy cans

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #6 of 10
Thank you all.

How about AKG K545? I like its look but don't have a chance to try it on yet.

I figure if I cannot wear it for more than 2 hours, then how I can enjoy the sound quality even I buy the best one.

Jun 23, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #7 of 10
  Thank you all.

How about AKG K545? I like its look but don't have a chance to try it on yet.

I figure if I cannot wear it for more than 2 hours, then how I can enjoy the sound quality even I buy the best one.

exactly. I bought the AKG K450 almost a year ago, and I really liked the way it sounded. Gradually I started to love its sound, but comfort ruined it: two hours, it the limit I can use them without feeling discomfort. I can continue to use them after, but there's always that feeling that stops me from concentrating solely on the music.

As for the K545. I usually think over ear, round earpads are NOT comfortable. our ears aren't round, so either the pads are enourmous and a ot of space remains empty, or they are average sized and the top of bottom of your ears touches the pads. With the K545 it doesn't seem to be any different, but the pads look really deep, and have quite a large opening, so I wouldn't be overly concerned on that matter

EDIT: forgot those two Soundmagic, they seem super comfy as well

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #8 of 10
our ears aren't round, so either the pads are enourmous and a ot of space remains empty, or they are average sized and the top of bottom of your ears touches the pads. With the K545 it doesn't seem to be any different, but the pads look really deep, and have quite a large opening, so I would be overly concerned on that matter

Everyone is different. I've always liked larger headphones with big cups. The extra space is nice. And, I think, sometimes helpful with soundstage.

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 10
yes, the extra space is nice, it also helps to prevent hot ears, but I think it is a waste of weight, foam and space (the cups are bigger too). but yeah, it is up to each one of us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back