Please Recommend replacement for Koss Porta-Pro's
May 9, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 8
Sennheiser PX100 if you want something more softer. (though they have been updated lately and sounds brighter than older ones) Has been direct rival of Porta Pro for some time now.

Grado SR-60 if you want to rock your socks off! Very tight sound, though some ears might find highs too piercing. Very retro looking, so no street-believability here if you give a damn about such a thing.

Grado SR-80 if you want to invest bit more money for bit better quality. Standard Grado retro look here too.

For VERY cheap alternative, Koss KSC-75. Nice and tight, bright sound with tight bass and not a sign of mid-bass bloat of Porta Pro. However, bass doesnt extent lowest regions, unfortunately. Not enough "oomph" for bassy tracks.

May 9, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 8
Why do you want them? Porta Pros are great for the price :S

May 9, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 8
If you're looking for price, a used sr60 will have to be where you're looking. New sr60 or 80 would be more than another pair of pp. I would suggest either the FS sections here for a used sr60, or if you're uneasy about buying used a new pair of PX100.

May 9, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Nemesis
I would like to purchase a comparable if not better set of cans to replace my porta-pro's within the same price range roughly.

I would buy a new pair of PortaPros, if I were you. You could try a pair of Grado SR-60s and get hooked, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa
Very retro looking, so no street-believability here if you give a damn about such a thing.

Excuse me? Retro = street cred in my book. (Ok, maybe I've got the wrong book. A much cooler book, this is.)

May 10, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Excuse me? Retro = street cred in my book. (Ok, maybe I've got the wrong book. A much cooler book, this is.)

*LoL*
biggrin.gif

Ehm... shows how much I give a damn about a street cred.
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back