Please Recommend: Portable Dac/Amp + Headphone for Laptop
Jan 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dsp0704

Head-Fier
I have a MacBook Air 13" and which I take with me everyday to school/library. I am looking for a portable Dac/Amp + Headphone that I can connect to laptop / listen to music while I study. Also if the Dac/Amp can LOD to my Samsung Galaxy S2 (phone) when the Android4.0 comes out that would be great. If not then I might purchase an iPod for LOD + massive storage (for transit). I have already listened to Sennheiser HD25ii but I don't know.. sound quality was poor. I really didn't like it. Maybe it was because I had very high expectation of these headphones from reading reviews.. Anyways right now I am looking at B&W P5 with either FiiO E7 or NuForce uDac. I have not tested these out myself but I will soon. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I have NuForce Icon HDP + AKG Q701 at home.

Thanks!

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #4 of 4
I ended up getting the P5 few days ago. Do you know if a dac/amp like FiiO E7 will make sound better from MBA/ipod for P5? I tried it out with NuForce Icon HDP with P5 and it sounds much better. I just don't know how much the E7 (or other similarly priced) dac/amp will improve sound. If not worth I rather save up money for something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back