Mar 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pretzelz

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am totally disillusioned!

I need a pair of in-ear phones which must:

- cost a maximum of £100
- be very comfortable to wear AND capable of fitting under a motorcycle helmet
- I create latin house music so I need to hear excellent detail!
- have excellent bass, the more powerful the better on this end
- quality build so they don't break
- ideally not a silly gimmick design. Minimal and compact would be best. Not things which stick out for ages from your ears!
- ideally not over the ear
- would love if it came with an iphone remote too, but not counting on it. Can always get a 3rd party remote. (last priority)
- need these before Tuesday 20th March, going to Russia for 3 months on the Wednesday!

The reason I need this recommendation is because every time I think I've found the perfect earphones on Amazon, I read through many reviews and find TOTALLY CONFLICTING opinions!

Granted, everyone has a different perspective on things. But where one person says something really negative, it kinda wipes out the positives anyone else writes.   Eg person A writes "mind blowing bass"   and person B writes   "Bass is a little thin".

Some of the products I've considered are:

Soundwise A1

[size=140%] Klipsch 1011803 Image S4i Enhanced Bass Dynamic In-Ear Headset with Mic and 3 Button Remote[/size]

Monoprice 8320 (MEP-933) as mentioned in other threads - sound very good, but probably a while to wait for shipping to the UK. (anyone seen these on UK amazon or ebay? They must surely be wide-spread chinese things)

*sigh*  Thought I was really close with that Klipsh one. Then I read, very bad build quality, thin bass.

I'm starting to think that actually, all earphones in the 0 - 100£ bracket are average and badly built, and then £100+ is the next.

...Is it that hard just to build some minimal design, outstanding sounding earphones?  Should I really have had to spend around 3 hours to figure out some good ones, without having to register on a forum and ask for help!?   (not that I mind, but seems excessive!)

Many thanks for all your thoughts!

Mar 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 10
Westone 1 might suit due to the size though no remote.  Not to sure on the bass but should be comfortable enough.

Mar 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 10
Non of these have remotes.

Vsonic GR07 are a great pair of earphones available from frogbeats.com i think for around your budget, they have great sub bass.

If you want a budget option, Philips SHE3580  are meant to be good, can be got from ebay for £8.50

Sorry you missed the Monoprice 8320's, i did 2 groupbuys for people in the UK and Europe and just sold the last pair a few days ago.

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #5 of 10
Second that on the Westones. If you're lucky, you may be able to find a UE700 for around 100 quid. Relatively small form factor, though be aware there are two...No, three versions of it. Latest one has the much improved L plug that actually won't break.

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #6 of 10
While I love the ergonomics of the Westone 1 as they are one of the most comfy in ears I've had and sit flush to the ear, they are not very powerful down low. So yes they will be very comfortable, isolating and will definitely fit under your helmet, but you will most likely find the bass lacking, YMMV of course.

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #7 of 10
Dude, You'll kill yourself If you use Earphones while riding a Motorcycle.
eek.gif

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Westone 1 might suit due to the size though no remote.  Not to sure on the bass but should be comfortable enough.

But yeah, I second on the westones.

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #10 of 10
I've never really understood the safety concerns about riding a motorcycle whilst listening to music. I've done it for 6 years. Not only that, but in the car, I have the music up loud, and the chasis mostly soundproofs already from the outside world. I normally feel very tuned into what's going on around me...  TOUCH WOOD!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back