Please recommend me earbuds similar or better than Yuin PK3
Jan 3, 2010 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

spanisheyes

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I have been reading this forum for many years, it is a great source of information. after reading the reviews, I have been using the Yuin PK3 for the last 2 years with my iPod and I have absolutely loved the sound they produced, compared to the standard Apple earbuds and others. It is great when you finally find a pair of headphones you can settle on.

However, I am sorry to say the build quality of these earbuds is extremely poor and I have must gone through 6 or 8 in 2 years, the problem has been documented in this forum, one earbud usually gives in, and the problem seems to be at the connection with the jack. I take extremely good care of my headphones, I have Sony in ears that are 7 years old, so I know it's a quality control problem by Yuin.

Basically I am done with these,although they sound great, it is disappointing and unacceptable that a company like Yuin doesn't give a damn about the quality of their products.

It would be great if you guys could recommend me similar sounding earbuds to the Yuin PK3, or ideally better, in the same price range. I use an 5.5g iPod and listen to mostly funk and rock. It is obviously essential that the earbuds give decent levels on the iPod without an amp. I am also looking for clarity, instrument separation and good bass (which was the Yuin PK3's strong point).

I am not interested in in ears models, I already have experience using these and they are just not for me, for various reasons.

Jan 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 3
Have you read this thread?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/e...und-up-441400/

It covers your question pretty well.

Also, have you considered recabling your PK3's instead of constantly replacing them? Someone here replaced their PK3 cables with cables from JVC Marshmallows. (There's a link in the PK3 appreciation thread.) That should be a pretty easy recable. Simply pry open the PK3's at the outer ring, desolder the cables, replace them with the JVC cables, and glue them back together. The Marshmallow cables are known for being pretty indestructible, and flexible in the cold as well. And Marshmallows are about $5 on ebay.

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #3 of 3
lol I'm dumb... I just posted about this and i have the same problem as you!! If only the build quality is better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back