Please recommend me a better cable for my E500
Jan 13, 2009 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Singapura

500+ Head-Fier

My left cable shows a slight crack so I'll use the opportunity to have my Shure E500's completely customized and have them recabled. As a matter of fact they will fit connectors so using different cables will be easy. The workshop I use let's me provide my own cable or they will use their own silver strand. What will be the best cable? I prefer something a bit less stiff but at least as good as the original. Oh, did I mention the whole operation will cost me less then $200? If the work is good, I'll post a review.

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My left cable shows a slight crack so I'll use the opportunity to have my Shure E500's completely customized and have them recabled. As a matter of fact they will fit connectors so using different cables will be easy. The workshop I use let's me provide my own cable or they will use their own silver strand. What will be the best cable? I prefer something a bit less stiff but at least as good as the original. Oh, did I mention the whole operation will cost me less then $200? If the work is good, I'll post a review.

yeh if you do the job why dont you post a review and a step by step guide with pics on how to do the job for those brave soles into DIY.

as for what cable to use, perhaps a removeable westone jobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back