Please recommend IEM for bass lover
Aug 25, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #16 of 21
Hi Sa6 with full bass porting is no where near the Atrio in terms of bass.

You really need to have a listen and the only way to do that is buy

Aug 27, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be a step down from what he's owned previously.

Depends on what he's looking for. Since he's owned the Shure E500, almost every suggestion in his price range will be a "step down" in at least some way. The UE SF5 EB and Atrio M5/M8s might be exactly what he's looking for.

Personally, I've realized that I'm not sure I like armature based designs.

Aug 27, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #19 of 21
Done
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Sa6 with full bass porting is no where near the Atrio in terms of bass.

You really need to have a listen and the only way to do that is buy

Aug 28, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #20 of 21
Hi Guys,

Just bought some image x10 and i am not a happy chap.

I am an Uber bass freak, I love having a large amount of sub 70hz clean/controlled bass (the best). Not punchy bass (200hz) which can be like getting hit in the chest sometimes. I am a pro dj and love the sound of my jbl srx series as a home sterio (18" 800w subs) i never have it too loud due to the neighbors but having massive speakers at normal volumes delivers a very full sound and that is what i am after in a IEM.

My previous IEM was a sony $60 100mw with a 10m driver. when i got them i immediately covered all the air holes which turned the bass up at least 5 fold. Even with the air holes open they have much better bass volumes

since having the x10 i think i prefer the sony's and i know the quality of sound is a huge difference but the x10 has poor bass volume and the highs can be a little ear splitting.

Also if i give the x10's a little two much juice (via a pacmeker with no amp @ above 80% vol) the right iem starts crackling like mad, any increase in bass effects this at least 5 times more. Although when the right iem starts crackling the left one starts reverberating (like not being able to handle the volumes/power - like cheap speakers do).

I will admit the quality, clarity and range of sound on the X10 is quite amazing. now only if i could get a much fuller sound like a 6000wrms setup could be - only at low volumes.

Any suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Also freakmax, how do you find the x10 bass and coping under some volume?

Aug 28, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #21 of 21
Ok - after listening a while and using my pda instead of the pacemaker i have a few updates.

My pda has a much better sound quality than the pacemaker and will not output as much power. I dd not notice the quality issues until now
The x10's can still distort and click but only if you eq to have the frequencies above 65hz at above -4db

I have fiddled arround a lot and found the x10's to be amazing with the eq at 32hz+6db 64hz+2db and all other frequencies at -4db. using the 16 band eq inbuilt into the pda.

I managed to create a truly great sound, although lacking volume a little at times and the bass is nice but not overpowering as the sony's are with the pda.

This was also coupled with a 3d sound setting (unlike any srs/wow like crap it actually works well) overall i felt like i was immersed in the music whilst having the underlining feeling that there was a tremendous earthshaking power behind the scenes (yet not interfering with the music).

On a further note if anyone else likes electronic music you should try an eq with only the the sub 50hz frequencies increased by a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back