Please recommend high quality 2.0 speakers
Sep 14, 2012 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ghaunty22

100+ Head-Fier
Can someone recommend me some 2.0 speakers for PC that blow my Audioengine A5s out of the water in clarity & overall sound?

I see the prices vary hugely so I have no idea how much to spend (for example I doubt spending 800 on swans would give alot better sound over the a5s) & I read you dont always get better sound with higher price. Im not looking for fancy finish/look, but just better sound at high volume.

Thanks

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 5
Get a pair of KRK Rokit 6, they are awesome!
I compared/auditioned them against the Aktimate Mini and the Rokits were much better, so I got a pair for myself.
From what I read on reviews on the net the Aktimate Mini is already better than the A5s.

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Can someone recommend me some 2.0 speakers for PC that blow my Audioengine A5s out of the water in clarity & overall sound?

I see the prices vary hugely so I have no idea how much to spend (for example I doubt spending 800 on swans would give alot better sound over the a5s) & I read you dont always get better sound with higher price. Im not looking for fancy finish/look, but just better sound at high volume.

Thanks

If you want to blow the A5's out of the water with true hi-end sound and no nonsense looks with a compact size to boot, you cant go past the Neumann KH120. This are killer & I love them. I was in the same situation you are and did a lot of research- this is what I ended up with & I can't be happier. 

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #4 of 5
A completely different level to the a5, KRK, akimate, Swann etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back