Please recommend earbuds with Android controls.
Sep 10, 2017 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dsf3g

Head-Fier
Hello, hoping someone can help me here.

Looking for a set of earbuds that meet four requirements:

1) They must be earbuds, not in-ear, and small enough to fit into a pants pocket. Nothing with a headband.
2) They must be wired. No Bluetooth headphones. Nothing that needs to be recharged.
3) They must have inline controls that work with a Samsung phone and provide Vol + and -, as well as track skipping.
4) They must sound decent. They don't need to be out-of-this-world impeccable sounding buds. Something close to Yuin PK3s will do.

I've got lots of different headphones, some better than others,but I do like to keep a set in my pocket at all times "just in case." You never know when you'll be stuck in some waiting room or on public transport with time to kill and wishing you could spend some of it listening to music.

So far I know of only one set that meet my requirements: a set of Remax 305M earbuds that I scored at Banggood. I'd be perfectly happy with them except that the designers decided, when creating the earbud, to give it a premium build/look and so they made it out of metal with 1/2 inch "posts" hanging off the earbud. They do look very nice, but the construction actually makes them a bit delicate, and I've already had one of the posts snap off in my pocket.
wow-17692.jpg

Ideally I'd like a set of ordinary looking, black plastic earbuds that sound decent and come with inline controls (and a mic).

Any ideas?

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 5
I do not own any of these but these are of the best that I could find. They may or may not specifically qualify as "earbuds" and be closer to IEM's, but none of the offerings I came across except the most basic of the basic appeared as in the picture you posted. Form follows function I guess. IEM's aren't too shabby, some of the good ones like these fit in the ear comfortably, better than the earbuds I've tried that have come with my cellphones, iPod, etc.

Price: $49.95 - Sony Premium Lightweight Extra Bass Earbud Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote for Android Smartphone (Black) - https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Lightweight-Extra-Bass-Headphones/dp/B00M8PSWHS/ref=sr_1_4?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1505092749&sr=1-4&keywords=earbuds+android&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin:12097489011,p_36:4000-100000
Price: $53.99 - Soul by Ludacris (SS7BLK) In-Ear Headphone with Microphone and Remote Control - Black
Price: $99.99 - 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones (Earphones/Earbuds) with Apple iOS and Android Compatible Microphone and Remote (Titanium)
Price: $179.00 - Munitio NINES Tactical Earphones with 3 Button Mic Control, Silver

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 5
I do not own any of these but these are of the best that I could find. They may or may not specifically qualify as "earbuds" and be closer to IEM's, but none of the offerings I came across except the most basic of the basic appeared as in the picture you posted. Form follows function I guess. IEM's aren't too shabby, some of the good ones like these fit in the ear comfortably, better than the earbuds I've tried that have come with my cellphones, iPod, etc.

Price: $49.95 - Sony Premium Lightweight Extra Bass Earbud Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote for Android Smartphone (Black) - https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Lightweight-Extra-Bass-Headphones/dp/B00M8PSWHS/ref=sr_1_4?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1505092749&sr=1-4&keywords=earbuds+android&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin:12097489011,p_36:4000-100000
Price: $53.99 - Soul by Ludacris (SS7BLK) In-Ear Headphone with Microphone and Remote Control - Black
Price: $99.99 - 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones (Earphones/Earbuds) with Apple iOS and Android Compatible Microphone and Remote (Titanium)
Price: $179.00 - Munitio NINES Tactical Earphones with 3 Button Mic Control, Silver

Cheers :)
[/QUOTE

Those are all in-ear. I'm looking for earbuds, not in-ear.

Sep 13, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 5
There's a version of the Monk + that has an android remote that supports the required functions. The good news is they're $10-ish. The bad news is you have to import them from China and they come via the slow boat.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #5 of 5
There's a version of the Monk + that has an android remote that supports the required functions. The good news is they're $10-ish. The bad news is you have to import them from China and they come via the slow boat.

Thanks for that! Just ordered a pair from a place called "Venture Electronics." Paid a couple of bucks extra to have them shipped from their U.S. warehouse, so it's supposed to be here in 5-10 days. Looking forward to hearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back