Please recommend/compare entry-level AV Receiver, up to $300.
Jun 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

carfentanil

Head-Fier
I'm looking into entry-level AV Receivers for a 2.1+Center setup that I'll be putting in probably around December/January, up to a limit of $300 for just the AVR. I'll upgrade to surrounds later on, but back to the point: Can you guys compare the features and limitations of the Denon AVR-1513, Sony STR-DH720, and Yamaha RXV375? The speakers will be Pioneer FS-52's. The system will also be handling HDMI video from a PC and a Sony PlayStation 3. I've read that receivers don't deliver power the way they used to, so the output concerns me (the room isn't enclosed, making the total 'audio zone' area around 200-300 square feet, with the back wall about 13 feet from the display.) There is also the possibility of driving 2nd-zone bookshelf speakers in a bedroom from the same source. At this point the $300 ceiling can't be increased. Recommendations are welcome.

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 2
The Yamaha will come with Silent Cinema, Yamaha's headphone surround sound tech.
The Sony and Denon would not come with headphone surround sound, just basic 2-channel stereo headphone sound.
I would take a Denon over a Sony.

Check here for refurb receivers.
https://www.accessories4less.com/index.php

Also check your local Craigslist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back