Please recommend a nice MP3 player for $100-150
Apr 10, 2010 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ibex333

New Head-Fier
Is there a better option than Sansa Clip+ out there? It seems pretty hard to beat with flash memory as opposed to a hard drive which has a chance of failing. It can be expanded with micro sdhc cards, and it's tiny, great for jogging, biking and gym. Plus it seems to have better sound quality than the ipod according to some reviews.

The only things that worry me are:

1)According to newegg reviews these things fail, with no way to repair them, and sandisk only offering a 1 year warranty.

2)Is the battery user replaceable? Any 3rd party manufacturers out there?

I want to know what are my OTHER options in this price range aside from the Clip+ and if there are BETTER options.

Thanks.

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 10
You might want to look at the Cowon D2+. It's flash based, has a full size SD car slot and has such huge battery life that it will play longer than the Clip+ even when it's battery is old and beat to crap.

It gets it panties in a bunch about tags it doesn't like for whatever reason, and has a limit of 8000 songs it can store in its tag database. 4000 are reserved for the onboard memory which probably won't be a problem because it only goes up 16gb, and 4000 for the SD card which could be, if you use a 32gb card. Other than that it seems ok.

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 10
As inexpensive as the Clip+ is, if it breaks, just get a new one and slap the SD card in it. I don't have one but I checked out a friends and it sounds fine. It's just so small, I'd lose it. But hey the Creative Zen has a better EQ and on the go playlists. If your used to the Clips sound , you might take a small step down sound wise with the Zen. If you start the day with a Zen, you won't mind, if you start the day with a Clip, you may not like the slight downgrade to the Zen, but maybe not. You might actually prefer the Creative for the UI.

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #6 of 10
nywytboy68, have you compared the Sony S and E series to the X? How does the sound quality compare...I understand there's a big price difference, but still...thanks!

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #7 of 10
S and E Series are said to sound the same, and I've never tried the X Series (unfortunately). I've owned the A Series and S Series players BTW - love them BOTH!!!

Imo, if the X Series is too expensive for you, the S or E Series are wonderful alternatives.

Apr 11, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #10 of 10
T51/s:flo2 if you want to go that route, the sony players are held to high regard, and the Cowon players are good too.

I have a clip+ and although it could use a bit more power to make my phones sound their best, I love the darn thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back