Please recommend a balanced IEM specifically for the Metal Genres
Feb 18, 2024 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BasalGanglia

New Head-Fier
I currenty have the Hiby R3 Pro Saber but have just been using standard earphones using the 3.5mm jack. I have just ordered the Hiby R3 II, which has a balanced 4.44mm output. So I wanted to buy a decent pair of balanced earphones that can be used in that port.

I mostly listen to various Metal genres such as Thrash, Death, Melodic Death, Industrial, Metal Core etc so looking for somthing punchy. I was currently using Sony earphones with extra bass (Don't know the model number) and whilst they sound nice and punchy, the quality isn't very good. I have tried more expensive standard earphones that had good reviews but found them to lack bass and therefore sound rubbish for the music I listen to.

My mate suggested the Fiio FH9 but that is out of my budget. The FH7s is £300 in the UK so considering those. I could alwatys go sencond hand though. Would these be good of the genre that I listed to. Does anyone have any other (preferably cheaper) options so look into?

Thanks

Feb 22, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 2
I currenty have the Hiby R3 Pro Saber but have just been using standard earphones using the 3.5mm jack. I have just ordered the Hiby R3 II, which has a balanced 4.44mm output. So I wanted to buy a decent pair of balanced earphones that can be used in that port.

I mostly listen to various Metal genres such as Thrash, Death, Melodic Death, Industrial, Metal Core etc so looking for somthing punchy. I was currently using Sony earphones with extra bass (Don't know the model number) and whilst they sound nice and punchy, the quality isn't very good. I have tried more expensive standard earphones that had good reviews but found them to lack bass and therefore sound rubbish for the music I listen to.

My mate suggested the Fiio FH9 but that is out of my budget. The FH7s is £300 in the UK so considering those. I could alwatys go sencond hand though. Would these be good of the genre that I listed to. Does anyone have any other (preferably cheaper) options so look into?

Thanks
AFUL Performer 8, Final A5000, I'm sure there are a bunch more as well, but I'm heading to bed. Check the headphone ranking list in my sig and see what has great bass in your price range. The two I mentioned are good options regardless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back