Please reccommend a DVD player with optical out
Apr 22, 2008 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

robster

500+ Head-Fier
Howdy Looking for a DVD player with audio optical out for under $200 that I can use to play my CD's connected to my Benchmark Dac1 and I'll also use the same DVD player to play DVD's on the T.V. soon to be purchased flat LCD screen 720p 40 inch.

I'll need a DVD player with optical out because the digital coax input on my dac will be used for another source,a Wadia Ipod transport .
I was thinking about a Toshiba HD-A3 for $79 off Audiogon new,but read somewhere that Toshiba puts a cap on the audio qulaity of the audio optical output.

Many thanks,
Robert

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 4
I've always liked Denon in this price range (well, a bit more, but if you're looking used that's another story). They are feature-packed, have good sound and video quality, etc. I have a Denon DVD-1920, which upscales to 1080i, plays DVD-A, SACD, HDCD, mp3, etc. It also has a mode called "Pure Direct", which bypasses all internal junk, and turns off the front panel display, essesntially giving you a cleaner signal path with less processing. RCA, Coax, and Optical outs...New, I paid about $349 (I think...it was about four years ago), but you can find them on Ebay for around $150 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back