Please may I have some advice for DT990 600OHM Premium
Sep 1, 2015 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Fenn

Head-Fier
**I posted this in the computer audio section and now think I should have posted it here sorry :/**

Hey,

I have rather blindly just purchased the DT990 Premium 600 for £229

It was a slightly impulse buy, sorry :/

I am upgrading my old and trusty Sennheiser HD595 which are years old and just get shoved into the headphone port of my PC.

My plan is to use these DT990 headphones for gaming with my PC - feel free to shout at me now haha :/ I love the Battlefield 3 and 4 sound!!!

Now be prepared to shout at me EVEN MORE... I got the DT990 600OHM... because they were more expensive than the 250OHM, yes... yes I'm aware I am a class A idiot but I also purchased knowing I could cancel the order in good time.

I am basically clueless - please may I have any information which may be obvious to you head-fi enthusiasts, but totally not obvious to me, I can cancel this order if I really should...

I normally use my Home Cinema system for games movies and music, it's quite high end and makes my HD595 sound like absolute junk - hence wanting to try something better.

MANY THANKS!

Sep 1, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #2 of 6
One way or the other, you're going to need an amp for these headphones. If you're a PC gamer you probably have a sound card, many of which have built-in headphone amps that can power a 600ohm headphone. If this is the case, you're good to go. Otherwise you will need an external headphone amp. As for which one, someone else will have to fill in the blank on that. I don't know what amps pair well with these particular headphones.

Sep 1, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 6
I really appreciate the reply mate.

Are these headphones a step up from my HD595?

The 250OHM cost £140 and the 600OHM cost £229

Does this seem right?

Many thanks.

Sep 1, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #5 of 6
Really no idea, nothing obvious about a sale.

How do you think they would stack up to the HD650?

DT990 Premium 250 OHM £140

DT990 Premium 600 OHM £229

HD650 £249

I can buy any of them

Sep 1, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 6
I love DT990 but they are somewhat difficult to drive but very comfortable and their sound is so engaging, I can listen to them for hours and hours. I think you made a good choice but a good amplifier is needed to get the best out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back