Please make us a JH13 Cable
Sep 24, 2009 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

SierraHotel01

100+ Head-Fier
Ken,

Hoping you're into the magic Jerry Harvey JH13 custom IEMs

(if you haven't gotten a pair yet - you REALLY need to)

Sure seems to me that you could whip up one heck of an aftermarket cable for them.

Any chance?

Sep 25, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 19
I would buy one for my customs too.

Sep 25, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 19
How are you going to manage an ultra thick twisted braid cable around the outside of your ear without significant discomfort?

Sep 25, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken,

Hoping you're into the magic Jerry Harvey JH13 custom IEMs

(if you haven't gotten a pair yet - you REALLY need to)

Sure seems to me that you could whip up one heck of an aftermarket cable for them.

Any chance?

SierraHotel,

Thank you for the post.

I sent a email to Jerry about a month ago asking to carry his products at our headphone store and sadly never got a response. I would love to work with any IEM manufacture for doing such a collaborative effort, no takers.

Perhaps some day.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 26, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SierraHotel,

Thank you for the post.

I sent a email to Jerry about a month ago asking to carry his products at our headphone store and sadly never got a response. I would love to work with any IEM manufacture for doing such a collaborative effort, no takers.

Perhaps some day.

Ken

Fingers crossed- maybe some day...
(assume Jerry's lack of interest is due largely to the custom nature of his product and individual customer relationship which that requires;
- I guess that makes it less attractive to have additional sales channel layers in the mix. Only reason I can think of.)

But hey: I'll bet there is enough interest here, for a Head-Fi "sign up for new product initial discount" to interest you in a new product:
a strictly aftermarket cable - that would work for JH Audio line, as well as UE, and others - from what I understand about the connectors.

Would sure like to see what an appropriate gauge SXC cable would do to these JH13's.

They are amazing.
And so are your cables!

Sep 27, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fingers crossed- maybe some day...
(assume Jerry's lack of interest is due largely to the custom nature of his product and individual customer relationship which that requires;
- I guess that makes it less attractive to have additional sales channel layers in the mix. Only reason I can think of.)

But hey: I'll bet there is enough interest here, for a Head-Fi "sign up for new product initial discount" to interest you in a new product:
a strictly aftermarket cable - that would work for JH Audio line, as well as UE, and others - from what I understand about the connectors.

Would sure like to see what an appropriate gauge SXC cable would do to these JH13's.

They are amazing.
And so are your cables!

Thanks,

I do not blame Jerry for anything he is probably busy as hell right now.

I am having some SXC wire made now for IEMs just in case someone does finally contact me for some collaborative work, or perhaps I will just have my own IEMs made.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 1, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #8 of 19
Ken,

If you end up making a set of JH13 cables with SXC, and you're satisfied with the performance - that's good enough for me.

Let's talk price.

Would have sold my SR325i's, if you hadn't re-cabled them in SXC 22AWG. Totally improved the SQ - tamed the harsh highs and beefed up the bass without bloating at all.

..Sierrahotel01

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh
would be lovely to hv Ken making us a 13pro cable =)

Spoke at length to Ken yesterday, on the subject of JH13 cables.

I believe he is leaning towards doing it.
- probably using flat / ribbon type SXC wire

All those interested - please, speak up!
- so Ken will know that there is enough of a market out there,
to justify non-recurring effort to design & manufacture JH13 cables for us.

Man, would I love to hear Jerry's JH13's, through ALO SXC cables!

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #11 of 19
I want one!

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #13 of 19
Count me in
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #15 of 19
If it the adapter fits the UE-10pro(which i believe it does) i'm in too!! If it means to make a limited production run for the 5 of us please do LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back