Please make a comment about my speaker purchasing plan.
Mar 1, 2012 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

photoguyinlove

New Head-Fier
Hello Mates, 

I cannot decide which speaker should I buy to build a sound system. 

Just choose best 3 speakers please. (mid tones are very important) You will be very helpfull.

1) wharfedale atlantic 400 
2) technics SB T200 
3) Jamo E350
4) jamo 128
5) Xarus XR 4000

Should I be intrested in old square speakers instead of tower ones? will I be able to get the same music quality?

Best Regards 

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 7
Curious as to why you're posting a question about lo- to mid-fi 2 channel speakers in the ultra-high end forum of a headphone site?  Is this a mistake or are you just completely uncaring about being horribly off topic?

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 7
Good point Smeckles
bigsmile_face.gif
 agree.  On the other hand my thread was deleted one week ago which I still do not understand why. So who care...
wink_face.gif

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #4 of 7
The last discussion on speakers here were about Wilsons v Stax, that's the summit. This I would call illiteracy as he didn't read the rules, or just plain inconsideration. 

No help to be found here.

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 7
I thought that people in this forum are much better listeners than usual people. Thats why i post the question about sound quality here.

Sorry for inconvenence, the post can be deleted..

Best Regards 

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:

Just choose best 3 speakers please. (mid tones are very important) You will be very helpfull.

1) wharfedale atlantic 400 
2) technics SB T200 
3) Jamo E350
4) jamo 128
5) Xarus XR 4000

OK a quick answer to your problem.... the speakers you're on about I have no idea about as you don't really see them in hi-fi dealers (there are way better budget speakers out there)..... I've just upgraded my system & purchased a pair of Kef R300's (£1k) with Atacama stands (£300), imho you have to pay more than £3k to better these babies, they're sensational for the price.... now I tested several speakers but these were the best standmount I heard that suited my new Roksan amp.... I live in a apartment so floorstanders are not really an option because of the bass impact on the floor.... in general floorstanders will give you a wider sound-stage & deeper bass..... I'm currently selling a pair of Monitor Audio GS10's on ebay, fantastically detailed speakers that work brilliantly with warm or valve amps though if you''re running Cyrus or Naim amps you should give these a miss as they will be too bright..... if you need advice on how to build a great home system ie hi-fi not AV private message me (see my profile for my equip), but do remember you must take some care matching amps & speakers, don't start with the speakers, start with  budget in mind then allow 20% for cables & connects the remainding 80% is what you have to pay for a system.... buying new I'd allow a minimum of £1.5k ($2.5k), though for that kind of money you could probably get a real good set-up 2nd-hand seperates system on ebay if you're patient in waiting for different bits

Sorry to the other members, just wanted to be polite and offer some advice.

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #7 of 7
i played with a pair of sb-t200 towers before. for such little 5.5'' woofers they sure can slam out some serious bass if you hook them up to a pretty beefy amp. the cabs though don't have very good damping inside and the tweeters can fry real easily if your pretty dumb with the volume knob.

i don't know your exact budget but if your looking for something especially if just main concern is midrange i would look at something like the pioneer sp-fs51-lr towers. they still go for 200 a pair new and very good pair of speakers. midrange is very transparent with great clarity(by clarity i mean superb crossover design. has nothing to do with the treble like with headphones). for just smoothness(decay performance) and overall natural sound for tower hi-fi speakers they'll put to shame even lot of 1000 a piece pair of speakers. they'll be great starter speakers to build a system around if your looking for towers at a good price(i know. 200 bucks lot of money but the performance they deliver you feel like you get so much more performance for the money). i only see myself replacing them if i ever get a hold of pair of NOS Yamaha NS-10 speakers with perfectly matched factory drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back